The Student Room Group

jamestg's AS success!

Scroll to see replies

YEESSSS :woo: you go bud :rave:

congratulations :jumphug:
Good job on Politics/History. I got 194/200 for the former and an A for the latter as well. Should be easy A* for A2 Politics for the both of us :biggrin:
Reply 262
Congratulations, man I hope I will be shaking in shock next week for GCSE results, in a good way.

Well done
Reply 263
Original post by Chittesh14
Wow, idk wtf to say really lol. Congratulations man! Never predict grades for History or Politics I guess, it's all essay based isn't it - so it's like impossible to predict? XD. See, how you predicted yourself low and came out with a stunner!! I guess there is no need to retake Maths or are you still going to? Btw, just wondering - if u wanna do Eco at Uni why didn't you take it at A-level? :s-smilie:

Yeah they're very hard to predict! I may retake C2 but I'll have to get used to my workload before I decide to go ahead.

They didn't offer economics at my sixth form!

Thank you!!!

Original post by aamirac
I feel proud! :colondollar:

Thanks! I'm very proud too!!
Reply 264
Original post by CoolCavy
YEESSSS :woo: you go bud :rave:

congratulations :jumphug:

Thank you!!

Original post by popcornjpg
Good job on Politics/History. I got 194/200 for the former and an A for the latter as well. Should be easy A* for A2 Politics for the both of us :biggrin:

Congrats for your ace score on politics and an A in history! Finger crossed for an A* next year :biggrin:

Original post by Rajive
Congratulations, man I hope I will be shaking in shock next week for GCSE results, in a good way.

Well done

Thank you! Good luck for next week :smile:
Original post by jamestg

Ah, that's the only downfall :frown:. Anyway, good luck - don't worry about retaking Maths (I don't think you even need it for Economics) lol that's why. Just concentrate on C3 and C4 lol - if anything, they'll punish u more than anything. So, if you get those right - then you will get your grades, the AS modules don't even matter now!
Wonderful news mate, well done.
Reply 267
Original post by Zacken
Wonderful news mate, well done.

Thank you! Congrats on meeting your Cambridge offer!
Reply 268
Glad to hear how well you've done! Great work :smile:
Reply 269
Original post by Kozmo
Glad to hear how well you've done! Great work :smile:

Thank you!!

How did you get on?
Reply 270
Original post by jamestg
Thank you!!

How did you get on?

I got four As with an average UMS of 96 for Maths, so I'm very happy! :smile:
Original post by Kozmo
I got four As with an average UMS of 96 for Maths, so I'm very happy! :smile:

(Bows down)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamestg
I got AAAB! I'm so happy you wouldn't believe it!

When I got there my politics teacher told me to open my results in front of her, and when I did I was ecstatic and cried in her arms. Then an hour of shaking in shock proceeded.

These are the best grades I could have asked for, I was so anxious for today as I really did not know what to expect. All of the hard work, tears and late nights have been worth it. Going through all of the corrections on pretty much all work wasn't a waste of time, and not having a job proved a smart move. I know I haven't got enough for Cambridge, and I'm content with that!

Thank you to everybody who really helped me through this year. It's been such an improvement on last years' GCSEs results (which weren't bad).

Now to - Bath? Durham? Exeter? Who knows...

GRADE BREAKDOWN
MATHS - A - 258/300
C1 - 90 A
C2 - 88 A
M1 - 80 A

POLITICS - A - 173/200
UNIT ONE - 88 A
UNIT TWO - 85 A

HISTORY - A - 79/100 (raw marks)

BIOLOGY - B (raw marks unknown atm)

Tagging everyone involved here...

Spoiler

how'd you get an A in history??? i got 81 raw marks and got a B
Reply 273
Original post by connormc199
how'd you get an A in history??? i got 81 raw marks and got a B

Each route with each exam board had different grade boundaries.
Wow congrats man you did awesome!!! :biggrin:
Original post by jamestg
I got AAAB! I'm so happy you wouldn't believe it!

When I got there my politics teacher told me to open my results in front of her, and when I did I was ecstatic and cried in her arms. Then an hour of shaking in shock proceeded.

These are the best grades I could have asked for, I was so anxious for today as I really did not know what to expect. All of the hard work, tears and late nights have been worth it. Going through all of the corrections on pretty much all work wasn't a waste of time, and not having a job proved a smart move. I know I haven't got enough for Cambridge, and I'm content with that!

Thank you to everybody who really helped me through this year. It's been such an improvement on last years' GCSEs results (which weren't bad).

Now to - Bath? Durham? Exeter? Who knows...

GRADE BREAKDOWN
MATHS - A - 258/300
C1 - 90 A
C2 - 88 A
M1 - 80 A

POLITICS - A - 173/200
UNIT ONE - 88 A
UNIT TWO - 85 A

HISTORY - A - 79/100 (raw marks)

BIOLOGY - B (raw marks unknown atm)

Tagging everyone involved here...

Spoiler

Congratulations my man! I'm impressed. I just read your thread and I'm very impressed.
Be happy as you want!
Just wanna ask, was biology OCR or AQA?
Reply 276
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Wow congrats man you did awesome!!! :biggrin:

Thank you!! I hope you got what you wanted!

Original post by nwmyname
Congratulations my man! I'm impressed. I just read your thread and I'm very impressed.
Be happy as you want!
Just wanna ask, was biology OCR or AQA?

I'm impressed too hahah! Thank you though :biggrin:

I did AQA biology :-)
Reply 277
It's starting!

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 22.38.20BST.png
Original post by jamestg
It's starting!

Screen Shot 2016-08-19 at 22.38.20BST.png

Good luck :smile:. What are the entry requirements?
Reply 279
Original post by Chittesh14
Good luck :smile:. What are the entry requirements?

AAA :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending