Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Becoming quite low with A Levels still half a year left Watch

Announcements

Recently my motivation has gone to 0
    I resat year 12 so my boyfriend is at Uni already, i'm bored and sick of being in school. I've become very anxious about exams but i'm simply unable to get anything done. I'm always tired and almost always very low. Despite having some very close friends around me I feel so lonely. I'm worried my constant low will eventually drive my partner away as it's an added strain to the long distance. I know exams aren't far away but it all gets to much.
    Please if anyone has any advice I can get out of the rut. I actually fairly worried.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Recently my motivation has gone to 0
    I resat year 12 so my boyfriend is at Uni already, i'm bored and sick of being in school. I've become very anxious about exams but i'm simply unable to get anything done. I'm always tired and almost always very low. Despite having some very close friends around me I feel so lonely. I'm worried my constant low will eventually drive my partner away as it's an added strain to the long distance. I know exams aren't far away but it all gets to much.
    Please if anyone has any advice I can get out of the rut. I actually fairly worried.
    I know how you feel. I'm retaking year 13, and most of my friends are at uni. Think about why you're resitting year 12 and what you want to achieve at the end of the year. Try relaxing first. Find a hobby you really enjoy, and for a few days take a break. No work (apart from compulsory homework etc) and then after that make a revision plan. Start small and work your way up. I think you might just be burnt out.

With regards to your boyfriend, I'm sure he'll support you in your difficult time. But find something that lifts your mood. A hobby like a sport or something. Exercise releases endorphins and can help with stress. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 1970
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.