The Student Room Group

Alex's quest for A*s and meeting the killer sixth form offer.

Flashback to December 2015 when I got my offer for CLSG, starting September 2016 if I get all As and A*s in my GCSEs. For a week I was ecstatic, for the next anxiety crept in. I'm currently taking 12 GCSEs and I'm hating it.

So here begins Alex's quest for all As and A*s at GCSE. Let's be honest with my goals:

English Language: A*
English Literature: Hopefully A* but depends on the grade boundaries/ questions. I'm really not great at English and have to study it all the time.
Maths: A*
Physics: A*
Chemistry: A* but with my current CA score (one mark off an A :frown:) it will be an A. If I can resit the CA then maybe maybe maybe!!
Biology: A/A*
Music: A
Religious Studies: A*
Latin: A*
German: A*
History: A
Geography: A*

I'm really struggling to keep my grades up in Music and History at the moment. I just got the mark for an A in the History mock, and Music is currently (with the CA current scores) a B.

Ngl, I'm shitting bricks already.

Let's go!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by SupermanCharlie
x

Those are amazing goals :tongue:

Keep calm, keep balancing stuff and have fun! :woo:

Good luck!
Reading your goals, I felt like sharing mine. By the way, those are amazing goals:-)

English language:- A*
English Literature:- A I guess I'm like you. I struggle in English
Maths:- A*
Additional Science:- A*
History:- A*
French:- A/A*
Health and Social Care:- A*
Religious studies:- B/A This would be the hardest exam to pass for me!
ICT:- A*

These are my personal goals but my predicted grades are lower. Well, I don't believe in predicted grades anyway!
x !

Whoo, your grades are fantastic!

Keep up the excellent work :h: And (I know it's easier said than done) but try not to stress yourself too much- sure you'll do great.

Looking forward to see how it goes!
Hi guys!

Thanks for the support, I seriously wasn't expecting anyone to reply to my thread! I hope everyone is on track and positive! I've started my revision timetable but I'm not sure it's working too well. How much are you all revising?
Hi guys!

Thanks for the support, I seriously wasn't expecting anyone to reply to b thread! I hope everyone is on track and positive! I've started my revision timetable but I'm not sure it's working too well. How much are you all revising?

Well, I've kinda started revising (not that well though).
I have been revising 1-2 hours a day but I feel that is not enough.
I feel ya about the time table- not sure it is working.:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending