Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I fancy a first! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I'm in second year studying commerce and Spanish. I was very close to a first last year but one exam went awfully (I nearly failed ) so I just missed out.

Why is a first this year so important to me?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Well, only the 4th year of my degree counts for my final overall degree grade but...

I will be applying to graduate programs in sep-nov of my 4th and final year so only grades that I will have at that point will be from 1st, 2nd and 3rd year but...

I am going to be studying in Spain for my entire 3rd year and grades from Erasmus don't count, I just have to pass so...

basically graduate recruiters will be looking at my grades from 2nd year as their main indicator.

I'll be getting the results of last semester's exams on Wednesday the 27th, which are worth 50% of my overall grade for the year.

Once I get those results I'll know how much work has to be done and I will start my blog. Spanish is my worst subject by far so I'm going to have to force myself to focus on that.

Hopefully this blog will motivate me and help me reach my goal!!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glossypinkpeach)
    Hi

I'm in second year studying commerce and Spanish. I was very close to a first last year but one exam went awfully (I nearly failed ) so I just missed out.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Well, only the 4th year of my degree counts for my final overall degree grade but...

I will be applying to graduate programs in sep-nov of my 4th and final year so only grades that I will have at that point will be from 1st, 2nd and 3rd year but...

I am going to be studying in Spain for my entire 3rd year and grades from Erasmus don't count, I just have to pass so...

basically graduate recruiters will be looking at my grades from 2nd year as their main indicator.

I'll be getting the results of last semester's exams on Wednesday the 27th, which are worth 50% of my overall grade for the year.

Once I get those results I'll know how much work has to be done and I will start my blog. Spanish is my worst subject by far so I'm going to have to force myself to focus on that.

:woo: fellow uni student! I get my semester's results around that date as well too. Scary stuff! :eek4:

Best of luck! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Spoiler:
    Show

Good luck for your results tomorrow! Fingers crossed for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    :woo: fellow uni student! I get my semester's results around that date as well too. Scary stuff! :eek4:

Best of luck! :woo:
    Hi :grin: Mine apparently come out at 12 tonight . Thank you and good you to you too!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tank Girl)
    Good luck for your results tomorrow! Fingers crossed for you.
    Thank you hopefully it will all go well!!
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Hi :grin: Mine apparently come out at 12 tonight . Thank you and good you to you too!!
    Ohh I thought you meant February :lol: must have been December exams I guess.

Good luck! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    So I got my first semester results today, overall I was happy. I got 3A's, 2B's and 1C. However, because of the C (in Spanish) I just missed getting a first . It's quite frustrating because exactly the same thing happened last year. Spanish keeps dragging down my results.

An overall first this year is still attainable I will just have to work really hard at Spanish as I have two Spanish modules this term! On a more positive note I really like the rest of my business modules so hopefully I will do very well in them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.