Turn on thread page Beta

Cheap insurance for 17 year old watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    HEY GUYS

My test is in a couple of days and i want to find some cheap insurance companies that can insure me on my Nissan Micra S 1.2L.

I've been getting quotes such as £2100.00
    I do not mind the quote but just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for a decreased quote.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Have a look at getting a black box, plus you can also decrease premiums a little by adding relatives with more experience as named drivers to your policy. Even still, I paid £2200 for my first year and that was with both my parents on there.

ReputationRep:
    When I was 17, I went with co-operative young drivers. I had a black box and paid £1200 on a 1.2 Polo '04 in 2012. They actually gave me £200 back and I am pretty heavy footed! If I remember right, they cared more about me driving past 11:30pm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MohamedKalam)
    HEY GUYS

My test is in a couple of days and i want to find some cheap insurance companies that can insure me on my Nissan Micra S 1.2L.

I do not mind the quote but just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for a decreased quote.

Thanks
    Hi,

What insurance site is that from?

I am getting quotes ranging from £3K to £10K
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by MohamedKalam)
    HEY GUYS

Thanks
    Try adding parents as named drivers.
    Check different levels of cover as well. Both me and my sister found that fully comp was cheaper than tpft

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.