The Student Room Group

Help with improving timing during English exams

Whenever I do any sort of English paper I seem to run out of time and that is the main reason that I'm not achieving any higher than a C. My English teacher has told me to just keep doing revision papers but I was wondering if there is anything else that I could do to improve on this because the knowledge is there but the timing is ruining it.
Original post by Kaii2
Whenever I do any sort of English paper I seem to run out of time and that is the main reason that I'm not achieving any higher than a C. My English teacher has told me to just keep doing revision papers but I was wondering if there is anything else that I could do to improve on this because the knowledge is there but the timing is ruining it.

If you do a quick plan beforehand and figure out how many paragraphs you're going to do, you can easily divide the time up between them :smile: make sure you don't spend any longer on the paragraph than you planned to :h:
Original post by Kaii2

Try and cut down any waffle. When practicing, make sure everything you're writing is relevant, high quality and as concise as you can make it. Scrutinise essays you do write yourself, cross out parts that are unnecessary so that you can identify your problem and steer clear of repeating this mistake in the future. With practice, you can perfect this :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest