Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

As the title reads, I am an Undergraduate and have not graduated, I have however been accepted on to a MSc course starting shortly, so I will be studying at a Postgraduate level, I contacted Student Finances England to discuss the issue, however, the representative swiftly twisted my words to have me agreeing that I was now a Postgraduate, however, this is not factual. He proceeded to inform me that as a Postgraduate, SFE would not be able to assist me.

Is there any better advice that anyone can provide to this regard?

Thanks,

John
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi there.

How many years is the Masters course? If this is an integrated Masters course, normally lasting around 4+ years then this is still an undergraduate course and will attract full funding from SFE.

When does the Masters course itself begin?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
    Hi there.

How many years is the Masters course? If this is an integrated Masters course, normally lasting around 4+ years then this is still an undergraduate course and will attract full funding from SFE.

When does the Masters course itself begin?

Thanks.
    Hi Mark,

Here is the relevant information for you -

http://www.uclan.ac.uk/courses/msc_pgdip_computing.php

DURATION: Full-time: September start - 12 months or 20 months with placement Full-time: January start - 16 months or 24 months with placement Part-time - up to three years.

LEVEL: Postgraduate.

MODE: Taught.

DELIVERY: Campus, Full-time and Part-time.

START DATE: September, January

AWARD TYPE: MSc/PGDip

I am set to start now (January intake), and will be studying for 16 months at this stage, Full-time.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

From the 2016/17 Academic Year (AY), we will be offering loan support of up to £10,000 (per student) for postgraduate Master's courses.

The applications have not opened yet so please keep checking online for updates.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Mark,

I have heard somewhere that these will be restricted to people under 30, as I will be 31 in October, does this mean I will be excluded?

ReputationRep:
    Hi again

There is an age limit but it is 60. You must be 59 or under to be eligible for these loans.

Thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.