Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

StrawbAri's Orchard Watch

Announcements

Hello Everyone!
    Welcome to my blog!

Okay so my blog name is a bit crap but it's all I could come up with.

Basically:
    I'm going to be posting some of my photography* and also try to romanticize my mundane life by narrating it memoir style
    Be warned: I'm not afraid of talking about some of the deeper aspects of my life and tackling some dark topics so if you're the type that's easily triggered please leave now
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Just kidding. Please don't go... :emo:

Anyway, prepare to delve into the not so interesting life of a fairly pretentious, pseudo intellectual African teenager!

If you don't like my blog :awesome:
    Spoiler:
    Show

*It's not actually proper professional photography I mostly use my iPhone or a point and shoot. Still saving up to get a proper DSLR. Plus I never said my pictures were all that good so...

And thanks to IFoundWonderland for inspiring me!

ReputationRep:
    :ahee:

This looks exciting! I've subscribed :cool:

Oh and thanks for the shout out :mmm:

(Original post by IFoundWonderland)
    :ahee:

This looks exciting! I've subscribed :cool:

Oh and thanks for the shout out :mmm:

Aha thanks! My first sub :cool:

ReputationRep:
    M'Lady, I have subbed and tipped my fedora to thee, I hope to see many funDIES maymays

ReputationRep:
    3rd is the best, just saying

Blog Post No. 1

Was there a need for creation?
    That was hidden in a math equation
    And that’s this: Where do circles begin?*

The question of how the universe began is the same as asking “where do circles begin?"

It’s unanswerable because the universe is like an abstract concept with no beginning or end. Or at least that's the sense I made of the lyrics.
    There are two possibilities. The universe is either finite or infinite .But how will we we ever know which one is right?

The soft melody of Morning Mood** pulled me from my sleepy haze. Not quite awake yet not quite asleep. I cracked an eye open. Soft rays sunlight spilled in from the gaps in the curtain. I groaned inwardly and reached for my phone to silence the alarm.

7:03am.

At school, the question of the nature of the universe was still boring a hole in my mind. I had about 5 tabs open in chrome on the subject and I read through everyone of them. It was just my **** luck that I had skipped breakfast and also forgot to take some lunch money with me. By lunch my friends came to fish me out of my little corner in the library.

"Aren't you coming for lunch?"

"No haha. I have a ton of work."

They looked at me worriedly and after much hesitation, left without another word.

So I was sat there, half starved and mind boggled, staring at my computer struggling to make sense of the Scientific American article on the supposed circular nature of the universe. Naturally, I fell into a trance.

The universe being finite or infinite both have very brain melting implications. If it is finite, that means it has a fixed size. It can be measured with a ruler. A pretty ****ing huge ruler though. Or it could bend back in on itself like a circle or a doughnut. If you go straight along enough you'll end up where you where at the start.
    But if it's infinite, holy hell. That would mean it just goes on and on and on forever in every direction. Eventually, the further out in space you go, you start finding duplicates of matter. Duplicate solar systems, duplicate earths, even duplicate yous. If the universe is infinite then we'd have duplicates of the observable universe within our own infinite universe.

The bell rang signalling the end of the lunch period and my friends came back to look for me. I snapped back into reality.

"This isn't the first time you've completely spaced out. Remember that time you claimed you saw Jesus descending from the clouds?"

They all found it incredibly hilarious to bring up all my past hallucinations.

"You're all ********s,"

In the universe no perfect circles exist
    Later on that evening, I was trying to teach myself how to play the guitar part that plays over the lyrics "where do circles begin?"

Guess what?
    The tab makes a sine wave***

Isaac Brock you are a ****ing genius.

Spoiler:
    Show
    *Lyrics from The stars are projectors by Modest Mouse

** Morning mood (composed by Edvard Grieg) is my alarm tone. It's meant to make waking up a bit easier and also to make me feel at one with nature. It doesn't always work.

*** This is a sine wave:

Also all pictures are mine unless otherwise stated
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Looking gooood

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by somemightsay888)
    M'Lady, I have subbed and tipped my fedora to thee, I hope to see many funDIES maymays
    (Original post by alexschmalex)
    3rd is the best, just saying
    Yay :woo: 3 subs. :girl:
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StrawbAri)
    Yay :woo: 3 subs. :girl:
    Technically four because I posted

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by Andy98)
    Looking gooood

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks!

Technically four because I postedPosted from TSR Mobile
    *4 :woo:

Thanks for 'technically' subbing!
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Thanks!
    Oops, wrong number

Just kidding

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some things I thought I'd share
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Any tips on how to improve are appreciated

An abandoned building close to where I live

Bird in flight ( )

Leading lines (Hopefully I got the concept of this right :lol: )

ReputationRep:
    Quality blog :yy:

(Original post by somemightsay888)
    Quality blog :yy:

Blog Post No. 2

Warning: Sensitive content ahead. Do not read if the topic of EDs trigger you.

I don't care if it hurts, I want to feel control,
    I want a perfect body,
    I want a perfect soul.

I hate mirrors.
    They show me a truth that I don't wish to know.
    Yet I found myself standing in front of one.
    I lifted up my shirt and stared. Pinching at non existent blobs of fat.
    I looked at my thighs. They still jiggled when I walked. Or at least I felt like it did. I knew that they weren't that big. But there is a difference between knowing something and feeling it.
    I was never able to achieve the coveted thigh gap. Even at my thinnest. It made me feel like a failure. It made me want to carry on losing weight. Maybe if was lucky I'd disappear altogether.

I suddenly felt sick.

It all started in the summer after year 8. That was the year my mental health started to deteriorate.
    I was never uncomfortable with my body before. But then people came and filled my head with seeds. Seeds that would soon grow into the monsters that would torment my life for the next four years to come.

"Woah, your thighs are huge!"
    "Are you sure you're going to finish that can of pringles?"
    "Jesus! Take it easy with the cake!"

I started to feel a certain heaviness in my chest and on my shoulders. I could feel my arteries clog up. Like I would pass out from a heart attack at any minute.
    And so I did the only thing I thought I could. I stopped eating. At least until the heaviness went away. But it never did.
    I became addicted to seeing the falling numbers on the scale. But the lighter I got, the heavier I felt on the inside.

Soon enough the same people that taunted my weight started telling me I looked like I had AIDS. I felt so angry. These people made me ruin my body! But then I realized it wasn't completely their fault. It was mine as well.
    I couldn't blame them for how bad my problem had gotten. I could only blame myself for letting it devour me.
    Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels
    I put my shirt back down and looked at the scale at the far side of the room.
    Not today Satan.
    I'm going to overcome this. I'm going beat my addiction. I can't let it kill me. It doesn't matter what people think. It doesn't matter if they think I'm an attention seeker or if they think I'm fishing for compliments. What matters is what I think. It's not going to be easy but nothing worth achieving ever is.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Lyrics in the beginning are from creep by Radiohead
    Image isn't mine
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Blog Post No. 2

Warning: Sensitive content ahead. Do not read if the topic of EDs trigger you.

I don't care if it hurts, I want to feel control,
    I want a perfect body,
    I want a perfect soul.

I hate mirrors.
    They show me a truth that I don't wish to know.
    Yet I found myself standing in front of one.
    I lifted up my shirt and stared. Pinching at non existent blobs of fat.
    I looked at my thighs. They still jiggled when I walked. Or at least I felt like it did. I knew that they weren't that big. But there was a difference between knowing something and feeling it.
    I was never able to achieve the coveted thigh gap. Even at my thinnest. It made me feel like a failure. It made me want to carry on losing weight. Maybe if was lucky I'd disappear altogether.

I suddenly felt sick.

It all started in the summer after year 8. That was the year my mental health started to deteriorate.
    I was never uncomfortable with my body before. But then people came and filled my head with seeds. Seeds that would soon grow into the monsters that would torment my life for the next four years to come.

"Woah, your thighs are huge!"
    "Are you sure you're going to finish that can of pringles?"
    "Jesus! Take it easy with the cake!"

I started to feel a certain heaviness in my chest and on my shoulders. I could feel my arteries clog up. Like I would pass out from a heart attack at any minute.
    And so I did the only thing I thought I could. I stopped eating. At least until the heaviness went away. But it never did.
    I became addicted to seeing to seeing the falling numbers on the scale. But the lighter I got, the heavier I felt on the inside.

Soon enough the same people that taunted my weight started telling me I looked like I had AIDS. I felt so angry. These people made me ruin my body! But then I realized it wasn't completely their fault. It was mine as well.
    I couldn't blame them for how bad my problem had gotten. I could only blame myself for letting it devour me.

Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels

I put my shirt back down and looked at the scale at the far side of the room.
    Not today Satan.

I'm going to overcome this. I'm going beat my addiction. I couldn't let it kill me. It doesn't matter what people think. It doesn't matter if they think I'm an attention seeker or if they think I'm fishing for compliments. What matters is what I think. It's not going to be easy but nothing worth achieving ever is.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Lyrics in the beginning are from creep by Radiohead
    :jumphug: I hope you're OK now, if not I'm here:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    StrawbAri

This is something I can unfortunately related to - and trust me, the thigh gap means squat. I'm so proud that you're overcoming this though 💪 .
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    StrawbAri

This is something I can unfortunately related to - and trust me, the thigh gap means squat. I'm so proud that you're overcoming this though 💪 .
    As a guy I can confirm, the thigh gap does nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As a guy I can confirm, the thigh gap does nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol I meant in terms of 'reaching a goal'; you always create another goal to reach.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Lol I meant in terms of 'reaching a goal'; you always create another goal to reach.
    Also true

Oops

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 17, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.