The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Some people say I look Asian even tho I'm Latina
Reply 2
Original post by ya dunno huit
Do you often get mistaken for different ethnicities?

I do, and on a daily basis, I often get mistaken for ethnicities that are completely different to my own ethnicity.:colonhash: And it frustrates me!!!!

I have been mistaken for: Pashtun, Algerian, Spanish, Italian, Pakistani, Indian, Iraqi, Turkish, Egyptian, French, Afghan, Arab, Jordanian, Greek, Armenian, Moroccan and many more.:colonhash:

-___-.

What are you if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by Daniellaaa
Some people say I look Asian even tho I'm Latina

Where are you from?
Yeah all the time but I'm mixed so it's understandable, why would it bother you op? It's not that big of a deal. What is your ethnicity?
Where are you from?

Panama and Mexico
I get mistaken for Pakistani and Eastern European :confused:

Good to keep things a mystery though :teehee:
Venezuela,Sri Lanka (this one annoys me),Columbia,Egypt,India,Brazil and Pakistan..
Yes, oh gosh.
So I'm South Asian (Bengali).
I've been told I look Middle Eastern a couple of times.
Recently I was told I look Mexican and even Native American. :dontknow:
Original post by xobeauty
Yeah all the time but I'm mixed so it's understandable, why would it bother you op? It's not that big of a deal. What is your ethnicity?

I am also half caste, but it bothers me, because it occurs on a daily basis, I remember on job interviews people would randomly ask me if I was from so and so. -___- Like what has that got to do with my job skills. -__-

And eventually I got frustrated.

I am Libyan/Indian.
Original post by Saya k
What are you if you don't mind me asking?

"What am I"

I am half Libyan/Indian.

And half Moroccan as well.:fyi:
I am also half caste, but it bothers me, because it occurs on a daily basis, I remember on job interviews people would randomly ask me if I was from so and so. -___- Like what has that got to do with my job skills. -__-

And eventually I got frustrated.

I am Libyan/Indian.

When you put it that way I totally get what you're saying now. And When people think you're the same enthicity as them they think that gives them reason to befriend " ohhhh where you from"- no bitch.
Original post by enaayrah
I get mistaken for Pakistani and Eastern European :confused:

Good to keep things a mystery though :teehee:

Aren't you British Asian, though? :wink:
Original post by Ya Dunno neuf
And half Moroccan as well.:fyi:

Are you the poser that had greenish eyes?
When you put it that way I totally get what you're saying now. And When people think you're the same enthicity as them they think that gives them reason to befriend " ohhhh where you from"- no bitch.

So true. :cry:
Reply 16
i have got italian, spanish, turkish, and even jewish (?)
Original post by aghaagha
i have got italian, spanish, turkish, and even jewish (?)

Is this why you don't live in Iran? :colone:
So many times... and my accent has thrown off at least one person
People seem to think (most of the time) I'm Korean or Japanese or mixed

I'm Chinese
Yeah, I'm 1/4 west African so have a cappuccino complexion, people think I'm Latino or Asian quite a lot!

Latest