Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azzer11)
    High you mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hoping for standard papers this year, c1 and c2 were piss easy. Just hoping I can get 100 in c3 and at least 85 in c4 :-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imran_)
    Hoping for standard papers this year, c1 and c2 were piss easy. Just hoping I can get 100 in c3 and at least 85 in c4 :-(
    I'm one of those that finds C4 easier than C3 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm one of those that finds C4 easier than C3 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sameeee

(Original post by imran_)
    I'm getting a lot more confident in C4 now but I'm definitely hoping for the same :lol:

I really need to deviate away from maths for a bit and focus on biology though :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    I'm getting a lot more confident in C4 now but I'm definitely hoping for the same :lol:

I really need to deviate away from maths for a bit and focus on biology though :erm:
    im good with c4, getting a*s for papers but just worries theyre gonna pull something different this year. An example would be last years paper where u had to integrate a^x. I was not taught this and this has never come up on past papers (i think) so if I had sat that paper I would have done miserably.

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't started C3 or C4 revision :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by edothero)
    Me too lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No big deal, you got ages..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    No big deal, you got ages..
    Focusing on Further Maths and hoping my existing knowledge is enough for C3 and C4 tbh. Most i'll do is a couple papers 1-2 days before the exam

ReputationRep:
    Focusing on Further Maths and hoping my existing knowledge is enough for C3 and C4 tbh. Most i'll do is a couple papers 1-2 days before the exam
    Yeah that's pretty much what I did last year

ReputationRep:
    Aha I thought someone might say that, but if the paper this year is like that I'd be expecting June 13 boundaries :lolwut:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    C3 june 15 was as hard as june 13 my friends said and teachers but since people are much smarter now (most people revise actively by doing harder stuff) the boundaries were 6 ish marks hogher then june 13. I considered them both similar since i sat jun 15 hen again edexcel can't anything impossible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    For questions where you have parametric equations with a domain for t, say  0\leq t \leq \frac{\pi}{3}, then for the domain of x values, I would just substitute the end points into  x =f(t) , but are there any situations in which this wouldn't work?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    For questions where you have parametric equations with a domain for t, say  0\leq t \leq \frac{\pi}{3}, then for the domain of x values, I would just substitute the end points into  x =f(t) , but are there any situations in which this wouldn't work?
    Maybe with something like x = sin3t. That would leave you with what appears to be  0 \leq x \leq 0.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotNotBatman)
    Only works if the parametrisation is strictly increasing.

ReputationRep:
    Ppl posting questions at 3am on this thread loool, it's not that serious

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't find an M2 thread, so I wondered if anyone could answer my question here.
    My teacher taught us to find the centre of mass of a triangle using the 2/3 away from the vertex along the median rule, but I prefer finding the mean of the coordinates of the vertices. Will any question they give allow me to use either approach? And will they accept both methods?
    This is perhaps a silly question, but I'm unsure as to why we were only taught one way of doing this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pineneedles)
    I couldn't find an M2 thread, so I wondered if anyone could answer my question here.
    My teacher taught us to find the centre of mass of a triangle using the 2/3 away from the vertex along the median rule, but I prefer finding the mean of the coordinates of the vertices. Will any question they give allow me to use either approach? And will they accept both methods?
    This is perhaps a silly question, but I'm unsure as to why we were only taught one way of doing this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What if you aren't given the vertices of the triangle?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    What if you aren't given the vertices of the triangle?
    I've done a few questions that don't, and I've managed to work them out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pineneedles)
    I've done a few questions that don't, and I've managed to work them out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, but in which case, you're already doing the necessary computations for the median but continue and do more work just to then take the average?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Yes, but in which case, you're already doing the necessary computations for the median but continue and do more work just to then take the average?
    I get that, but I find that I get really confused doing that when the orientation of the triangle is awkward. Meaning that if I try using the first method, I tend to get it wrong and have to redo the question, meaning more work anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.