I thought for an A* you need 480 included the 90 average UMS

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KINGYusuf
I thought for an A* you need 480 included the 90 average UMS

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, this is correct
480 total across all 6 modules
180 across C3 and C4
how would you differentiate cos(x+y)=sin(y)

Thanks
Original post by michael242103

Thanks

Thanks

With respect to what?

Thanks

cos(y) dy/dx = -sin(x+y) (1+ dy/dx)
rearrange making dy/dx the subject of the formula
Original post by Pablo Picasso
cos(y) dy/dx = -sin(x+y) (1+ dy/dx)
rearrange making dy/dx the subject of the formula

Original post by Pablo Picasso
With respect to what?

with respect to x and thanks appreciate it
Can anyone help me out
http://www.madasmaths.com/archive/iygb_practice_papers/c4_practice_papers/c4_b.pdf
question 7

I get the mark scheme but what I want to know is WHY they've formed the differential like that. I get that (2y-150) is usually together, but can't the -5 move to the RHS to become -1/5?
Original post by qweening
Can anyone help me out
http://www.madasmaths.com/archive/iygb_practice_papers/c4_practice_papers/c4_b.pdf
question 7

I get the mark scheme but what I want to know is WHY they've formed the differential like that. I get that (2y-150) is usually together, but can't the -5 move to the RHS to become -1/5?

Does there have to be a reason..
Can someone please explain this from the C4 book page 52 chapter 5. How can you let lambda -alpha=0 when it says that vectors a and b are non zero vectors

Thanks
Can someone please explain this from the C4 book page 52 chapter 5. How can you let lambda -alpha=0 when it says that vectors a and b are non zero vectors

Thanks

If you can see the logic from the previous line, then it's just saying that since a is not parallel to b, and a and b are non zero, then their coefficients must be 0 for them to be equal, hence they get those two things at the end.
but if a and be are defined as non zero vectors how can the coefficient (lambda -alpha) =0 becuase then a would be a zero vector. Is it trying to say that since they are not parallel their coefficients have to equal zero for that to be legit??

Original post by SeanFM
If you can see the logic from the previous line, then it's just saying that since a is not parallel to b, and a and b are non zero, then their coefficients must be 0 for them to be equal, hence they get those two things at the end.
but if a and be are defined as non zero vectors how can the coefficient (lambda -alpha) =0 becuase then a would be a zero vector. Is it trying to say that since they are not parallel their coefficients have to equal zero for that to be legit??

I see what you're saying.

If ka where k is a constant and a is a vector, then if a is non-zero but ka = 0 then k must be 0. ka is a 0 vector but a itself is non-zero. That last bit is what is confusing you, I think.
Original post by SeanFM
I see what you're saying.

If ka where k is a constant and a is a vector, then if a is non-zero but ka = 0 then k must be 0. ka is a 0 vector but a itself is non-zero. That last bit is what is confusing you, I think.

I get what youre saying here. So basically what you mean is that if you were to rearange the expression making it (lambda-alpha)a-(beta-myoo)b=0................. then the coefficients must equal zero??
Screenshot_1.png

Why is tanα 3/4 and not 4/3? (C3)
Original post by medimidi
Screenshot_1.png

Why is tanα 3/4 and not 4/3? (C3)

Do you know the proof?
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Do you know the proof?

No, can't find it anywhere
No, can't find it anywhere

What have you done so far, have you used the Sin(x+a) formula yet in your working?
Original post by particlestudent
What have you done so far, have you used the Sin(x+a) formula yet in your working?

Yes, I got tanα as 4/3 but the markscheme says 3/4
Yes, I got tanα as 4/3 but the markscheme says 3/4

Rsin(x+a)= Rsin(x)cos(a) + Rcos(x)sin(a)

Rsin(a)=3
Rcos(a)=4

Dividing both gives tan(a)=3/4 :smile:
Original post by particlestudent
Rsin(x+a)= Rsin(x)cos(a) + Rcos(x)sin(a)

Rsin(a)=3
Rcos(a)=4

Dividing both gives tan(a)=3/4 :smile:

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending