The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by zombaldia
Have sketching parametric curves ever come up?

no:smile:
Original post by maruchan
no:smile:

Fab. Thanks
Original post by zombaldia
Fab. Thanks

according to the spec it says :
Students will not be expected to sketch a curve from its parametric equations.

:biggrin:
Reply 3163
Having done all the C4 past papers and solomons some time ago what should I do now just to make sure I'm not rusty? :s-smilie:

I want full UMS in C4, my core modules have been good but M2 could've been better
What do we need to know by heart from GCSE? Like volume and areas of shapes I have forgotten all of them.

Cheers!
Guys, i have done all past papers a month ago, but because my exams schedule is terrible, i didn't have time to go back and practice my c4 since 3 weeks . Now i am rusty at c4. Please any tips , i am panicking
Does anyone have the C34 IAL June 2016 paper ?
Reply 3167
Original post by Danllo
Does anyone have the C34 IAL June 2016 paper ?

think it should be out in a few days, probably not in time for our paper though
Reply 3168
Original post by Rkai01
What do we need to know by heart from GCSE? Like volume and areas of shapes I have forgotten all of them.

Cheers!

I think I've seen like one question EVER, where you had to know the volume of a cone. On all of the other papers I've done they give you the formula for cones

You can derive spheres/cylinders very easily otherwise
Reply 3169
Original post by Pudge666
Guys, i have done all past papers a month ago, but because my exams schedule is terrible, i didn't have time to go back and practice my c4 since 3 weeks . Now i am rusty at c4. Please any tips , i am panicking

most people will have this problem, just do as much practice as you can don't worry
Original post by Yua
most people will have this problem, just do as much practice as you can don't worry

I am trying to , but its really annoying when you've been practicing so much through the whole year , but other exams get in your way , and by the time you come back to revise for c4 , you struggle. But anyways good luck on your c4
Reply 3171
I am trying to , but its really annoying when you've been practicing so much through the whole year , but other exams get in your way , and by the time you come back to revise for c4 , you struggle. But anyways good luck on your c4

I'm pretty much in the exact same position as you, in C3 I only dropped marks because I totally mindblanked on the location of a root proof because it was so insignificant to me that I completely forgot about it. The fact I have 5 exams this week also didn't help :frown:
image.jpgHow do I question 7b??? please can someone help
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Engineerrookie
image.jpgHow do I question 7b??? please can someone help

Are these the only information you're given? :s-smilie:
I have attached a question, please let me know the answer. Its a very simple question. How do you know when to use ln method or normal method, where you add power then integrate.

ooo.PNG
(edited 7 years ago)

Do them again, anything you dont know or get stuck at watch examsolutions on.
Hey guys can you tell me which official papers are harder than the others? My friend told be that June 14 is quite hard are there any others? And do you guys recommend doing solomons over the older papers (older than 2010) or should I just do as many ofiicial papers as possible? Thanks :smile:
is it possible to get 100UMS in C4
Original post by TriggaNigga
is it possible to get 100UMS in C4

Yes?

Original post by Ainsleyy
Hey guys can you tell me which official papers are harder than the others? My friend told be that June 14 is quite hard are there any others? And do you guys recommend doing solomons over the older papers (older than 2010) or should I just do as many ofiicial papers as possible? Thanks :smile:
These are the grade boundaries from 2009-15, along with an average (calculated 2010 onward) at the bottom. I haven't really done many papers yet but you can see they all seem pretty similar.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending