Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reda2)
    I have attached a question, please let me know the answer. Its a very simple question. How do you know when to use ln method or normal method, where you add power then integrate.

Attachment 554968
    You cant do something to the power of 0

ReputationRep:
    What areas equation do we need to know, for example, surface area of sphere, volume of sphere, volume of cone, what else? Im talking about the differentiation questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reda2)
    What areas equation do we need to know, for example, surface area of sphere, volume of sphere, volume of cone, what else? Im talking about the differentiation questions.
    There really aren't many. Trapezium maybe? The surface areas are all just made of rectangles, triangles and circles as well anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metrize)
    Yes you can, anything to the power of 0 = 1

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metrize)
    Its to power of -1, and its linear, so we use the 1/x standard integral which is ln blah blah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katiee224)
    Yes you can, anything to the power of 0 = 1
    look at question, power is -1, so its the same as the previous ln shown in attachment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reda2)
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TriggaNigga)
    is it possible to get 100UMS in C4
    nope, 60ums is max.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by reda2)
    It would imply that the derivative of a constant is something to the power -1.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't managed to do all of the past papers for C4 as I've been so busy with everything else. I'm not super worried because I feel fairly comfortable with everything but I need to be as efficient as possible tomorrow and make it as useful as possible (I have to focus on bio tonight), any suggestions as to what I should do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thought this might be useful for C4 revision.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf Question spotting Edexcel Core 4.pdf (164.9 KB, 108 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J32796)
    nope, 60ums is max.
    not true! I got 97 UMS in c4 last year! Thought I had 100 but turned out I made 1 small silly mistake in the easier questions :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pineneedles)
    I haven't managed to do all of the past papers for C4 as I've been so busy with everything else. I'm not super worried because I feel fairly comfortable with everything but I need to be as efficient as possible tomorrow and make it as useful as possible (I have to focus on bio tonight), any suggestions as to what I should do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have uploaded a pdf to show questions from previous exam papers. Dependable(?) questions: Binomial expansion, vectors, implicit differentiation, partial fractions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hdey)
    I have uploaded a pdf to show questions from previous exam papers. Dependable(?) questions: Binomial expansion, vectors, implicit differentiation, partial fractions.
    Okay, thank you, I'll take a look

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay, thank you, I'll take a look

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Here it is!
    Attached Images
  2. File Type: pdf Question spotting Edexcel Core 4.pdf (164.9 KB, 82 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hdey)
    Here it is!
    This is actually so sick man

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm in a similar position, I've done the first two Gold papers today and I'll do the third and fourth tomorrow. I only found out about them the other day before C3 and they were great for revision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somevirtualguy)
    I'm in a similar position, I've done the first two Gold papers today and I'll do the third and fourth tomorrow. I only found out about them the other day before C3 and they were great for revision
    Thanks for teaching me about them too now.

ReputationRep:
    Am I being completely stupid here? I have no idea where the mark scheme is getting the limits in part b) as root 2 and 0, and also it seems they may be missing a t^2? either way I'm very confused about part b if anyone could help Name:  C4 capture 3.JPG
Views: 122
Size:  20.8 KB Attachment 555089555091
    Attached Images

• Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alby1234)
    Am I being completely stupid here? I have no idea where the mark scheme is getting the limits in part b) as root 2 and 0, and also it seems they may be missing a t^2? either way I'm very confused about part b if anyone could help Name:  C4 capture 3.JPG
Views: 122
Size:  20.8 KB Attachment 555089555091
    It's the t values you're integrating between, remember. From part a you've worked out that t=0 corresponds to 'the point on the right' and t = root 2 corresponds to 'the point on the left'.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.