The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

PPQ.png
Original post by Don Pedro K.
As far as I know, it does apply? for example if you have the intersection point C, and two points A and B on either of the two lines, to work out the angle ACB, you can use the vectors CA and CB (as the direction of these vectors go away from the angle)!

Untitled.jpg

Original post by Brailey
They have to be in the same direction so either both inwards or both outwards :smile:

So how would you do part C of this question?
Original post by Ayman!
An integral I constructed for those who might be interested:

ϕφsin(αx)e[qsin(px)]2 dx\displaystyle \int_{\phi}^{\varphi }\sin\left ( \alpha x \right )e^{\left [ q\sin\left ( px \right ) \right ]^{2}} \ \mathrm{d}x

where α=2p\alpha = 2p.

Where ϕ\phi is the golden ratio?
Original post by raman_17
from the book it's (area using trapezium rule - integral calculation/integral calculation) x100

Yeah that's what i meant. The person said /area of trap which would be the approximation, not the integral calculation
why is exam solutions crashingggg.
Original post by coolguy123456
Yeah that's what i meant. The person said /area of trap which would be the approximation, not the integral calculation

any predictions on what may come up?? are you ready??
any predictions on what may come up?? are you ready??

No point predicting, i feel ready for it, just hope not to make silly mistakes.
Original post by sakuraton
2015 question 8) b), how you get 2 and 0 as limits? Anyone? Please and Thank you!
You just look at the graph? The limits for the area bound by R in terms of x are 2 and 0. The 2 comes from coordinate of P.
No point predicting, i feel ready for it, just hope not to make silly mistakes.

yup same here am hoping its easier than the s*** that was in c3
yup same here am hoping its easier than the s*** that was in c3

What do you think you got in c3? Should be i reckon as c3 was okay-hard
Original post by ombtom
Draw a line from the bottom of the vase, vertically up. The angle between each side of this line and the vase is 30 degrees. You should be able to recognise the right-angled triangles that appear, with sides h, r, and the side of the vase.

tan30 = opposite/adjacent = r/h.

Thanks a lot

I dident know you could split the angle like that. I thought the triangle made is equilateral. is it equilateral or isosceles?
nice :smile:

this c34 2016 IAL paper is beautiful :biggrin:

Yep Hopefully tomorrow's paper is the same let me know how it goes good luck!
Original post by Jordan1337
You just look at the graph? The limits for the area bound by R in terms of x are 2 and 0. The 2 comes from coordinate of P.

Ah, of course! Thank you, I was just looking at the Q coordinate haha
What do you think you got in c3? Should be i reckon as c3 was okay-hard

honestly not sure
Original post by Student403
Where ϕ\phi is the golden ratio?

That makes it more interesting, but it's just a constant. :colone:

Resurfacing:

ϕφsin(αx)e[qsin(px)]2 dx\displaystyle \int_{\phi}^{\varphi }\sin\left ( \alpha x \right )e^{\left [ q\sin\left ( px \right ) \right ]^{2}} \ \mathrm{d}x

where α=2p\alpha = 2p.
How do you know when to do long division before partial fractions?
When working out the volume of a cone why is the radius the distance of y axis and height distance of x axis and not the other way round ?
Original post by Ayman!
That makes it more interesting, but it's just a constant. :colone:

Resurfacing:

where α=2p\alpha = 2p.

Ah okay :biggrin: Works out very well!
Original post by Marccs
When working out the volume of a cone why is the radius the distance of y axis and height distance of x axis and not the other way round ?

As it is a rotation of 360 about the x-axis so you get some sort of cone, so by imagining a cone with height of the x-axis it shows the radius of the y-axis,

if that doesnt help i can draw a picture :smile:
Original post by maruchan
Yep Hopefully tomorrow's paper is the same let me know how it goes good luck!

so how many papers have you done??
I've been revising all day and I'm still sh*t at C4, and the exam is tomorrow FMLLLLL I haven't even gone through the whole S2 syllabus how the fck am I gonna get an A

Also, is examsolutions incredibly slow for anyone else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending