The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student403
doubt you'll lose a mark

ah sweet
Original post by jakelong1001
The x co-ordinate was 17/2 so you use 17/2 not 9

Yes, but i use volume of cylinder for height =17/2 + 1/2 = 9 Vc= pi(8)^2x9 = 576 pi and then i integrated between 17/2 and 1/2 and then subtracted the values. Is this wrong?
I made a mistake in he implicit differentiation question - I differentiated -cos to -sin rather than +sin. Obviously my answers are slightly wrong as a result. If I did everything else right, how many marks do I lose? 9 marks total I think for the question . Maybe I will get 4-5 method marks? Or is that optimistic?
Original post by immagooner
fairly sure for the last part of 8, point possible positions are (-1, 33/5, 16/5) and (3, -3/5, -1/5), coz u found lambda equals +-(2/5) so if u sub back into the equation of l2, u cant get ur answers, maybe mistakes in sums? or jus typo perhaps

ah no my bad its me who is doing the sum wrong i did it right in the exam jus when im re doing it now i did the sum wrong hahaa apologies, but still, should be (-1, 33/5, 16/5) and (3, 17/4, 4/5) i think ur 3 and -1 shud be a typo
Seems like i got everything except in the normal question I got (3pi+70)/(pi+22) so got the numerator wrong somehow. My dy/dx was the same as the one floating around here somewhere. Hopefully I just rearranged wrong. What was the normal gradient?

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did ppl do the first integration question for 6 marks did u have to differentiate the bottom part of the fraction and then integrate giving you -1/3ln something
Also what are A* predictions? 67? 68?
Original post by ravichauhan11
you take that value away from the volume of the cylinder, with radius 8 and height 17/2

Height is 9 cos u do 17/2 plus 1/2
Original post by tifflcy
i know right i only realised that at the last 10 min.. i was so confused and i was like what on earth is the volume of rectangle lol

yep, just going to deduct those marks straight off, wouldn't have even crossed my mind it was a cylinder i legit was like woohoo volume of a rectangle only 4 marks yay!
Reply 4189
Anyone remember what question 3 was? And the working?
Think I've dropped 2. Hoping that's 100 but I think it's more likely it'll be 74 for 100.
Reply 4191
:frown: for the vector question I read the wrong coordinates and didn't get the right answer for cos theta. Do you think there'll be ECF?
Original post by CurrentFlow
Yes, but i use volume of cylinder for height =17/2 + 1/2 = 9 Vc= pi(8)^2x9 = 576 pi and then i integrated between 17/2 and 1/2 and then subtracted the values. Is this wrong?

I did that too and it must be right!
Original post by riffy123
The height is 9 tho cos u add 17/2 and 1/2 together

Why are you adding them together? The area was from the y-axis to 17/2.
Original post by victoria98
Seems like i got everything except in the normal question I got (3pi+70)/(pi+22) so got the numerator wrong somehow. My dy/dx was the same as the one floating around here somewhere. Hopefully I just rearranged wrong. What was the normal gradient?
Posted from TSR Mobile

I got +70 aswell, not sure why
That 4 marker Volume questions got me badd
how many marks do i lose for using radius as 4 in the volume q out of 4 marks but everything else i did was correct?
expecting at least 68/75, hope thats an A considering how trivial the paper was
Original post by Bigboss27
How did ppl do the first integration question for 6 marks did u have to differentiate the bottom part of the fraction and then integrate giving you -1/3ln something

I think I did partial fractions
Original post by Jabbasalacious
Also what are A* predictions? 67? 68?

What do you reckon an A is?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest