Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jasonmaths)
    For the 'cylinder question' i didnt minus the area - i just did the integration. How many marks is the question and how many marks have i lost? I think i got full marks on all the other questions - is this still an A*?
    im the same boat that question ****ed me over, but that part was only 4 marks so youve lost 4 marks maximum and maybe got 1

ReputationRep:
    Would 71 on C3 and 68 on C4 be A* overall do people think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hann4h)
    I think I did partial fractions
    Oh man so i didnt get it right then😞

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riffy123)
    I did that too and it must be right!
    I see the problem now, h is only 17/2 don't need to add a half.

ReputationRep:
    That paper was so easy I think I got full UMS for this C4, every single question was easy to verify. Grade boundary predictions anyone? And is someone going to make a poll?

ReputationRep:
    How many UMS do you think 66/75 will be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanroks1)
    Would 71 on C3 and 68 on C4 be A* overall do people think?
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobi100)
    What was lambda?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    2/5

ReputationRep:
    Would I still get the answer mark for leaving my answer to question 4a as lnx = ln60 -2.5t??? dont know why i didnt go the step further tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by victoria98)
    Seems like i got everything except in the normal question I got (3pi+70)/(pi+22) so got the numerator wrong somehow. My dy/dx was the same as the one floating around here somewhere. Hopefully I just rearranged wrong. What was the normal gradient?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i don't know why but i have the same result as you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CurrentFlow)
    Yes, but i use volume of cylinder for height =17/2 + 1/2 = 9 Vc= pi(8)^2x9 = 576 pi and then i integrated between 17/2 and 1/2 and then subtracted the values. Is this wrong?
    why are you adding 1/2 onto your k value? the x coordinate of any point on any xy plane is from the origin. youre saying that k is 17/2 with respect to 1/2 which it isnt .

ReputationRep:
    anyone got an unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuzuvela)
    Anyone notice the misprint on question 6?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What question was this again and what the misprint?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    bloody hell i made stupid mistakes, i messed up differential equation and didnt use ln when i took x to the other side @@ got like 900000 minutes or something lool. also I got volume as (1024/5)(pi) but i know u had to take away the little irrelevant section and i didnt so oops

ReputationRep:
    OMG I did AP=AE instead of AP=PE, do you think I would lose all final 7 marks??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jasonmaths)
    For the 'cylinder question' i didnt minus the area - i just did the integration. How many marks is the question and how many marks have i lost? I think i got full marks on all the other questions - is this still an A*?
    You mean question 7? It wasn't a cylinder because it was curved at the end

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by immagooner)
    ah no my bad its me who is doing the sum wrong i did it right in the exam jus when im re doing it now i did the sum wrong hahaa apologies, but still, should be (-1, 33/5, 16/5) and (3, 17/4, 4/5) i think ur 3 and -1 shud be a typo
    i got the exact same as you, plus i used those coordinates for find PE magnitude and it came to 2root 2 so we good

ReputationRep:
    For the decay question did anyone get t = 640

so 640 x 24 x 60 = answer in minutes?

For the last area did anybody also get 6 units^2 ?

Found the paper ok, some tricky questions but only thing i think i may have got wrong fully was the very last question.

I found the distance of the direction vector and said linda = 1

then i used the vector equation P +/- linda(direction vector) to get the two co-ordinates of B. I didn't have enough time to finish it but i knew the methodology so hope i got a few marks for it. one of the B co-ordinates i got was -4i +9j +5k

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 83457)
    For the solids of revolution question I got 399.2 pi. I see other people for 339.2pi( the decimal version). Anybody get the same as me?
    sorry its 339.2 not 399.2
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    ****ed it. Went to blow my nose for 2 minutes cuz of hayfever but ended up running out of time for the latter half of q8 - which means 10 marks down the drain. Also didn't finish the trig question so 1 mark lost. Overall looking at 64-65/75.

My offer requires an A* in Maths but with only 63-64/65 in C4 and 65-66/75 in C3 doesn't look likely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.