Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smithy1597)
    How many marks would i lose for finding theta instead of leaving it as costheta = but i had stated that before
    None.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tobi100)
    What was lambda?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I got 8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by torty40)
    Would I still get the answer mark for leaving my answer to question 4a as lnx = ln60 -2.5t??? dont know why i didnt go the step further tbh
    Unfortunately it said simplest form You'd lose 1 mark.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please explain how you were supposed to do question 3

ReputationRep:
    did anyone get lambda as 8?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    ****ed it. Went to blow my nose for 2 minutes cuz of hayfever but ended up running out of time for the latter half of q8 - which means 10 marks down the drain. Also didn't finish the trig question so 1 mark lost. Overall looking at 64-65/75.

My offer requires an A* in Maths but with only 63-64/65 in C4 and 65-66/75 in C3 doesn't look likely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hayfever is truly the killer of dreams

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ****ed it. Went to blow my nose for 2 minutes cuz of hayfever but ended up running out of time for the latter half of q8 - which means 10 marks down the drain. Also didn't finish the trig question so 1 mark lost. Overall looking at 64-65/75.

My offer requires an A* in Maths but with only 63-64/65 in C4 and 65-66/75 in C3 doesn't look likely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I feel you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ryanroks1)
    Would 71 on C3 and 68 on C4 be A* overall do people think?
    yeh i think u'll get it b/c 71 marks is usally around 94/95 ums

ReputationRep:
    I did the answer to the rates question to the nearest minute but i did hours and minutes...10 hours and 33 minutes, would i lose a mark? technically its to the nearest minute

ReputationRep:
    Ran out of time on last vectors question! potential mark breakdown for that question??

ReputationRep:
    How many marks was the trapezium rule question (just part b)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm retaking the year

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Should have spent more time revising

ReputationRep:
    For the volume I got volume=554pi -1204pi/5 = 1696pi/5 ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to get at least a B in maths, I get an A for C1 and C2, B for S1, D1 and C3 and a C in C4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jg345&&)
    You mean question 7? It wasn't a cylinder because it was curved at the end
    It was a cylinder. Area S was equal to the cylinder volume - the area under the curve.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We left the EU, that's my reason for not completing the paper to a good standard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRPAV)
    I did the answer to the rates question to the nearest minute but i did hours and minutes...10 hours and 33 minutes, would i lose a mark? technically its to the nearest minute
    The mark scheme typically allows answers in hr:min form to the nearest minute.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flairs)
    Should have spent more time revising
    Wtf, it was a timing issue not a knowledge one. Get outta here with that pompous attitude

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CurrentFlow)
    Yes, but i use volume of cylinder for height =17/2 + 1/2 = 9 Vc= pi(8)^2x9 = 576 pi and then i integrated between 17/2 and 1/2 and then subtracted the values. Is this wrong?
    (Original post by riffy123)
    I did that too and it must be right!
    No it isn't right. You're not supposed to add 1/2 to the 17/2. The 17/2 is the height

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.