Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    ****ed it. Went to blow my nose for 2 minutes cuz of hayfever but ended up running out of time for the latter half of q8 - which means 10 marks down the drain. Also didn't finish the trig question so 1 mark lost. Overall looking at 64-65/75.

My offer requires an A* in Maths but with only 63-64/65 in C4 and 65-66/75 in C3 doesn't look likely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That bloody sucks, **** oversensitive immune systems man. Hope you're not too disheartened, i'm sure you're gonna get the *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRPAV)
    I did the answer to the rates question to the nearest minute but i did hours and minutes...10 hours and 33 minutes, would i lose a mark? technically its to the nearest minute
    I'm pretty sure thats allowed because it didn't say give the answer in minutes.
    It only said to the nearest minute.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarkey500)
    I thought the paper was ok overall. There was some simple questions and some not so simple questions.

One other thing, if you go wrong early in a question can you get method marks and ecf marks?
    You should do unless the question was a "show that" in which they would expect you to the the one they give.

ReputationRep:
    I was happy coming out of that exam predicting I got about 69 thinking that combined with my C3 of 66 is an A*. Then I've come on here and seen all you *******s found it easy! Whats the likely hood of 66 and 69 being an A*?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dec1307)
    For the volume I got volume=554pi -1204pi/5 = 1696pi/5 ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats what I got - hopefully it's right

ReputationRep:
    for the implicit differentiation question i read the question wrong and instead of 2x^2y i wrote 2x^2. the whole question was worth 9 marks with the first part being 5 and the second 4 but they followed on from each other and im pretty sure i did everything else in the question right, how many marks do you think i lost? im pretty sure i got 74/73 in c3 so im hoping that itll all average out to above 90. If anyone could answer please do this is stressing me out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patrick Gekko)
    1) (1/8)-(15x/16)+(75x^2/16)-(625x^3/32)

2) 0.6595 for missing value
    1.083 for estimate
    (8/3)ln2 -(7/9)

3) dy/dx= (-4xy-2)/(2x^2+4+piSinpiY)
    X value was (3pi +62)/(pi+22)

4) X= 60e^-2.5t
    633 mins nearest minute

5) (-5root3)/16
    Q: (4,5root3)

6) not sure about A- partial fractions integration. 3ln(3y+2) -2lnY + c
    Show substitution
    (4pi/3) -root3

7) k was 8.5, volume was 1696pi /5

8) a was 3,5,0
    K equals 2 (AP was 2root2)
    Cos= 4/5
    E was same as what others have said

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Q8, wasn't it costheta= -4/5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geekykid25)
    We left the EU, that's my reason for not completing the paper to a good standard
    Yeah I was also so outraged that I failed in protest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Wtf, it was a timing issue not a knowledge one. Get outta here with that pompous attitude
    Ignore the d***head. Clearly insecure about something
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by TSRPAV)
    I did the answer to the rates question to the nearest minute but i did hours and minutes...10 hours and 33 minutes, would i lose a mark? technically its to the nearest minute
    Would be very surprised if you lost a mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoldtheDoor)
    Q8, wasn't it costheta= -4/5?
    no because this would result in an obtuse angle

ReputationRep:
    i couldn't do question 5, the one where you had to prove it = k (integral) sin2^x??? How did you do it? + for the followup how many marks would i get if I just used k =1/8 but got the integration right?

ReputationRep:
    Please can someone tell me how many marks I'll lose for this?
    On the question where you had to prove an inegral was the integral of sin^2theta by making a substitution for x I got k outside the integral as 1/8 (the answer was 8 but i just made a silly mistake taking the number out of the integral.)

I think that would lose me 1 mark but i think the next part was solving this integral, and therefore my result would've been muliplied by 1/8 instead of 8. How many marks would i lose overall between both parts for this one error? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got the paper???????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jg345&&)
    You mean question 7? It wasn't a cylinder because it was curved at the end
    I dunno whichever one people say you had to minus something from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuzuvela)
    Anyone notice the misprint on question 6?
    What? :curious:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by cjlh)
    My full solutions:
    4) x=e^(ln(60)-2.5t)), 633 mins
    For question four, I did
    First I found out with the x and t values given that the constant C = ln|60|
    Then I did,
    ln|x| = -2.5t +ln|60|
    ln|x/60| = -2.5t
    x/60 = e^(-2.5t)
    x = 60e^(-2.5t)

EDIT- Just realised they are the same thing.
    My answer for the hours passed for the mass to decay to 20 was the same as you I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoldtheDoor)
    Got the same answer.
    yeah same, wasn't it 633.8?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehollowcrown)
    im the same boat that question ****ed me over, but that part was only 4 marks so youve lost 4 marks maximum and maybe got 1
    Yeah apparently it was like a 5 marker so we would have got twoish for the integration alone. So surely we should lose only like 2?

ReputationRep:
    Dude I got the same!!! except got 1/8 (integral) sec^x?? How do you do it correctly?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.