Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    ****ed it. Went to blow my nose for 2 minutes cuz of hayfever but ended up running out of time for the latter half of q8 - which means 10 marks down the drain. Also didn't finish the trig question so 1 mark lost. Overall looking at 64-65/75.

My offer requires an A* in Maths but with only 63-64/65 in C4 and 65-66/75 in C3 doesn't look likely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That bloody sucks, **** oversensitive immune systems man. Hope you're not too disheartened, i'm sure you're gonna get the *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRPAV)
    I did the answer to the rates question to the nearest minute but i did hours and minutes...10 hours and 33 minutes, would i lose a mark? technically its to the nearest minute
    I'm pretty sure thats allowed because it didn't say give the answer in minutes.
    It only said to the nearest minute.

ReputationRep:
    I was happy coming out of that exam predicting I got about 69 thinking that combined with my C3 of 66 is an A*. Then I've come on here and seen all you *******s found it easy! Whats the likely hood of 66 and 69 being an A*?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clarkey500)
    I thought the paper was ok overall. There was some simple questions and some not so simple questions.

One other thing, if you go wrong early in a question can you get method marks and ecf marks?
    You should do unless the question was a "show that" in which they would expect you to the the one they give.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dec1307)
    For the volume I got volume=554pi -1204pi/5 = 1696pi/5 ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thats what I got - hopefully it's right

ReputationRep:
    for the implicit differentiation question i read the question wrong and instead of 2x^2y i wrote 2x^2. the whole question was worth 9 marks with the first part being 5 and the second 4 but they followed on from each other and im pretty sure i did everything else in the question right, how many marks do you think i lost? im pretty sure i got 74/73 in c3 so im hoping that itll all average out to above 90. If anyone could answer please do this is stressing me out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patrick Gekko)
    1) (1/8)-(15x/16)+(75x^2/16)-(625x^3/32)

2) 0.6595 for missing value
    1.083 for estimate
    (8/3)ln2 -(7/9)

3) dy/dx= (-4xy-2)/(2x^2+4+piSinpiY)
    X value was (3pi +62)/(pi+22)

4) X= 60e^-2.5t
    633 mins nearest minute

5) (-5root3)/16
    Q: (4,5root3)

6) not sure about A- partial fractions integration. 3ln(3y+2) -2lnY + c
    Show substitution
    (4pi/3) -root3

7) k was 8.5, volume was 1696pi /5

8) a was 3,5,0
    K equals 2 (AP was 2root2)
    Cos= 4/5
    E was same as what others have said

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Q8, wasn't it costheta= -4/5?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geekykid25)
    We left the EU, that's my reason for not completing the paper to a good standard
    Yeah I was also so outraged that I failed in protest

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Wtf, it was a timing issue not a knowledge one. Get outta here with that pompous attitude
    Ignore the d***head. Clearly insecure about something
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRPAV)
    I did the answer to the rates question to the nearest minute but i did hours and minutes...10 hours and 33 minutes, would i lose a mark? technically its to the nearest minute
    Would be very surprised if you lost a mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoldtheDoor)
    Q8, wasn't it costheta= -4/5?
    no because this would result in an obtuse angle

ReputationRep:
    i couldn't do question 5, the one where you had to prove it = k (integral) sin2^x??? How did you do it? + for the followup how many marks would i get if I just used k =1/8 but got the integration right?

ReputationRep:
    Please can someone tell me how many marks I'll lose for this?
    On the question where you had to prove an inegral was the integral of sin^2theta by making a substitution for x I got k outside the integral as 1/8 (the answer was 8 but i just made a silly mistake taking the number out of the integral.)

I think that would lose me 1 mark but i think the next part was solving this integral, and therefore my result would've been muliplied by 1/8 instead of 8. How many marks would i lose overall between both parts for this one error? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got the paper???????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jg345&&)
    You mean question 7? It wasn't a cylinder because it was curved at the end
    I dunno whichever one people say you had to minus something from

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuzuvela)
    Anyone notice the misprint on question 6?
    What? :curious:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cjlh)
    My full solutions:
    4) x=e^(ln(60)-2.5t)), 633 mins
    For question four, I did
    First I found out with the x and t values given that the constant C = ln|60|
    Then I did,
    ln|x| = -2.5t +ln|60|
    ln|x/60| = -2.5t
    x/60 = e^(-2.5t)
    x = 60e^(-2.5t)

EDIT- Just realised they are the same thing.
    My answer for the hours passed for the mass to decay to 20 was the same as you I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoldtheDoor)
    Got the same answer.
    yeah same, wasn't it 633.8?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehollowcrown)
    im the same boat that question ****ed me over, but that part was only 4 marks so youve lost 4 marks maximum and maybe got 1
    Yeah apparently it was like a 5 marker so we would have got twoish for the integration alone. So surely we should lose only like 2?

ReputationRep:
    Dude I got the same!!! except got 1/8 (integral) sec^x?? How do you do it correctly?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.