Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I got lambda as 16 and got the wrong answer for part c) but my method was right in part c). What mark will i lose for?...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riffy123)
    The height is 9 tho cos u add 17/2 and 1/2 together
    How many marks would I lose for losing the wrong height but everything else is right (I put 8 instead of 9) Would I lose more than 1 mark or would they take my mistake into account???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dieselblue)
    You should do unless the question was a "show that" in which they would expect you to the the one they give.
    Thanks, it's just because my teacher would rarely do that but looking in marking schemes it seems you can get those marks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ravichauhan11)
    sorry its 339.2 not 399.2
    Actually i might've put 339.2, since my working out was right
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Ignore the d***head. Clearly insecure about something
    Lord knows why he says this stuff. Last time he said something about me not getting offers from 'good enough' unis cuz I know too much about IB and don't revise. Guy needs to take life less seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehollowcrown)
    2/5
    +/- 2/5 *

ReputationRep:
    Gutted I wrote the position vectors of E down wrong lol.

(Original post by CourtlyCanter)
    For question four, I did
    First I found out with the x and t values given that the constant C = ln|60|
    Then I did,
    ln|x| = -2.5t +ln|60|
    ln|x/60| = -2.5t
    x/60 = e^(-2.5t)
    x = 60e^(2.5t)

My answer for the hours passed for the mass to decay to 20 was the same as you I think.
    Yeah that's the same though just written differently, except the typo at the end, it's 60e^(-2.5t).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoldtheDoor)
    Q8, wasn't it costheta= -4/5?
    No, cos(theta) = 4/5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hjjhgnnh)
    I got lambda as 16 and got the wrong answer for part c) but my method was right in part c). What mark will i lose for?...
    Exactly the same mistake I made 😅hopefully not all of them

ReputationRep:
    How did you do the last part on 8

ReputationRep:
    ez 75/75 thank you everyone for lowering grade boundaries

ReputationRep:
    Also, for Q4 I left my answer to b as 10 hours and 30-something minutes is that ok?

ReputationRep:
    Predicted grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    I effed the implicit differentiation and forgot the dy/dx on the cos(pi x y) term. Any idea how many marks I'd lose in the question as a whole?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4184165 How did you find the C4 Exam? Please vote !! Also, comment on what you think the grade boundaries will be like?

ReputationRep:
    lol i needed about 86ums for an A overall in this paper and about 96ums for an A* be interesting to see if i get an A*,A or B on results day cos by the looks of it i did alright, talk about a stress free summer aha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoldtheDoor)
    Q8, wasn't it costheta= -4/5?
    Can't remember if it wanted acute or not, but yours isn't acute. I have seen questions asking for acute although since we were finding cos of the angle not the angle perhaps it doesn't matter, if they are being specific it will be acute value and you will be wrong I'm afraid, but I don't remember either way so maybe both are ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michaelj99)
    bloody hell i made stupid mistakes, i messed up differential equation and didnt use ln when i took x to the other side @@ got like 900000 minutes or something lool. also I got volume as (1024/5)(pi) but i know u had to take away the little irrelevant section and i didnt so oops
    Did the exact same as you for the differential !

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please confirm whether or not there was a misprint on question 6, if so how will Edexcel mark this question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lonelysoul)
    For Q7 working out the volume, i rearranged it to make x the subject and then i worked out the volume in terms of y although i think i got the answer wrong, would i get marks for this?
    Would i get any marks anyone?!?!?!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.