The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

What ums do you think 64 - 66 marks is?
Original post by d14m
Can someone please confirm whether or not there was a misprint on question 6, if so how will Edexcel mark this question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Misprint? I can't remember the question..
Original post by SomeDancinPanda
Please can someone tell me how many marks I'll lose for this?
On the question where you had to prove an inegral was the integral of sin^2theta by making a substitution for x I got k outside the integral as 1/8 (the answer was 8 but i just made a silly mistake taking the number out of the integral.)

I think that would lose me 1 mark but i think the next part was solving this integral, and therefore my result would've been muliplied by 1/8 instead of 8. How many marks would i lose overall between both parts for this one error? Thanks

Probably just 1 or 2 marks dropped
ffs i've ruined my life, no chance of an A*
(was relying on maths :frown:)
Original post by d14m
Can someone please confirm whether or not there was a misprint on question 6, if so how will Edexcel mark this question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i didnt really see a missprint? what have u heard about it
Original post by hhhbmnb
ez 75/75 thank you everyone for lowering grade boundaries

I think I might've got 75 as well :smile: however,
1) 75/75 is 100 ums regardless of grade boundaries so..
2) That was fairly easy, so people didn't lower the grade boundaries
Original post by d14m

WHAT WAS THE MISPRINT? :colone:

Original post by Whizbox
Damn, think I left the trapezium rule question as 1.08, was it to 3 sig fig or 3 decimal places?

I think it was 3 decimal places.
Original post by Mattematics
Think I've dropped 2. Hoping that's 100 but I think it's more likely it'll be 74 for 100.

YOUR A ****
Original post by ombtom
WHAT WAS THE MISPRINT? :colone:

I think it was 3 decimal places.

Oh well, 74/75 still possible I guess
Original post by charbelk98
+/- 2/5 *

alright mate, i did +- it fyi
Original post by torty40
Also, for Q4 I left my answer to b as 10 hours and 30-something minutes is that ok?

Should be fine.
Original post by M3WIZARD
Thats what I got - hopefully it's right

I got that too :smile:
Reply 4312
Original post by Whizbox
Damn, think I left the trapezium rule question as 1.08, was it to 3 sig fig or 3 decimal places?

dp
Original post by Whizbox

Decimal places, I believe
Original post by k.russell
Can't remember if it wanted acute or not, but yours isn't acute. I have seen questions asking for acute although since we were finding cos of the angle not the angle perhaps it doesn't matter, if they are being specific it will be acute value and you will be wrong I'm afraid, but I don't remember either way so maybe both are ok

How many marks was that question?
Arghhh in the volume question I halved 8 cause i thought 8 would be the diameter of the cylinder formed and radius 4 so i got a negative value for area. and in the final part of the last q I got lambda = 2/5 but i got like whole numbers for my co ordinates :frown: how many marks have i lost?
Original post by Patrick Gekko
1) (1/8)-(15x/16)+(75x^2/16)-(625x^3/32)

2) 0.6595 for missing value
1.083 for estimate
(8/3)ln2 -(7/9)

3) dy/dx= (-4xy-2)/(2x^2+4+piSinpiY)
X value was (3pi +62)/(pi+22)

4) X= 60e^-2.5t
633 mins nearest minute

5) (-5root3)/16
Q: (4,5root3)

6) not sure about A- partial fractions integration. 3ln(3y+2) -2lnY + c
Show substitution
(4pi/3) -root3

7) k was 8.5, volume was 1696pi /5

8) a was 3,5,0
K equals 2 (AP was 2root2)
Cos= 4/5
E was same as what others have said

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can Someone verify if all of these are correct. I believe I got everything here - I just couldn't remember what the last term for Q1 was - but I distinctly remember the first 3 terms
Original post by cookiemonster15
Misprint? I can't remember the question..

If you're talking about the integral with ^3/2
They gave you an integral to ^3/4 cause you had to do y^2 to find solids of revolution.
Original post by HoldtheDoor
How many marks was that question?

3 marks
Original post by Princepieman
Lord knows why he says this stuff. Last time he said something about me not getting offers from 'good enough' unis cuz I know too much about IB and don't revise. Guy needs to take life less seriously.

Wow.. pretty sad life he must lead xD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending