Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HoldtheDoor)
    Q8, wasn't it costheta= -4/5?
    This really confused me. Initially I got 4/5, but then I realised I had used AP instead of PA so I calculated it again and got -4/5. If you do costheta = -4/5 and then 180-theta to get the angle in the negative sin quadrant, you get the correct acute angle. I didn't have time to change my answer though, and still can't tell which one is right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M3WIZARD)
    Im pretty sure that will only lose us 1 Accuracy mark if that's the case anyway But we've probably just forgot :P We could still get 100 UMS if we were wrong still.
    I think it's not correct tho.. isn't it 3 x 4 x -5 x (5/2)^3 x 1/6?

ReputationRep:
    Poll: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post66066153

ReputationRep:
    How many marks would I lose if i got the volume as 1024 pi/5

ReputationRep:
    how much was the volume worth?

ReputationRep:
    I dropped at least 3 marks on the last part of the last question, and I also got my dy/dx and therefore the exact coordinate wrong somehow :s! I got 3(pi) + 47 / (pi) + 18 but I am pretty sure there'll be error carried forward marks so it's all good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EastGuava)
    This really confused me. Initially I got 4/5, but then I realised I had used AP instead of PA so I calculated it again and got -4/5. If you do costheta = -4/5 and then 180-theta to get the angle in the negative sin quadrant, you get the correct acute angle. I didn't have time to change my answer though, and still can't tell which one is right
    +0.8 is right because minus give you the obtuse initially I got -0.8 but I changed it and made a note

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Also what was the minutes from the differential equation.

ReputationRep:
    How many marks were 4, 6 and 7??

ReputationRep:
    Im pretty sure that will only lose us 1 Accuracy mark if that's the case anyway But we've probably just forgot :P We could still get 100 UMS if we were wrong still.
    yeah no I think I did have that in the end actually, cos what I was thinking of was the expansion prior to timesing through by 1/8

ReputationRep:
    If i didn't simplify cos for the last q how many marks will I lose and many marks was the area q

ReputationRep:
    http://www.strawpoll.me/10574117

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.russell)
    I think it's not correct tho.. isn't it 3 x 4 x -5 x (5/2)^3 x 1/6?
    It was then timesed by 1/8 because of the brackets on the outside - I MAY have possibly forgot, IDK. Even still - that's only 1M - considering how hard people found the paper, that'll mean you still get 100 ums

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EastGuava)
    Yes, your more likley correct, stupid me forgot to take it away from 180...
    [EDIT] Wait so did you make the same mistake as me by not taking away from 180?

ReputationRep:
    for the differential equation i left it in terms of lns i didnt do e to the power of blah blah blah , how many many marks do you think ill lose???//

ReputationRep:
    for differential equation question did anyone get lnx on one side and like 4/5t or somethin on the other side?????

ReputationRep:
    It was then timesed by 1/8 because of the brackets on the outside - I MAY have possibly forgot, IDK. Even still - that's only 1M - considering how hard people found the paper, that'll mean you still get 100 ums
    yeah I think I am getting the original value and the x1/8 values mixed up in my head, it's the first question so little far back in my memory. I definitely timesed the expansion by 1/8, so would be a blinding error not to do the last term

ReputationRep:
    If you're talking about 75 marks then that is a stupid question....

ReputationRep:
    For the volume, how many mark would I lose if I stupidly misquoted my answer from (i) as ((2x-1)^3/2)/5 rather than ((2x-1)^5/2)/5? (So I obviously lost the accuracy mark and another one for the integration, but I got the limits and everything rlse correct).

ReputationRep:
    Anybody doing model answers??
    Also do you reckon boundaries will be similar to last year? Probably slightly higher?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 22, 2017
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.