Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    did you guys use t = π/3 or π/6 for the parametric question? wasn't it strange getting π/3 through x (parametric equation) and π/6 through y (parametric equation)!

ReputationRep:
    you guys think 64/65 would be an A ? made some very silly mistakes , for the 4sin^2theta I differentiated it to 6sinthetacostheta and therefore got the wrong answer for lambda.... would i get alteast 3 marks and follow throw marks to the next question ?

ReputationRep:
    how many marks was the volume of revolution question ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m9698)
    you guys think 64/65 would be an A ? made some very silly mistakes , for the 4sin^2theta I differentiated it to 6sinthetacostheta and therefore got the wrong answer for lambda.... would i get alteast 3 marks and follow throw marks to the next question ?
    Yeah I think it'll be 61-62 for an A. Simple paper but easily prone to mistakes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys
    On Q3 I forgot the minus 2 and got an answer of 6/22+π instead of 8/22+π. This lead to my next part being wrong also. Bow many marks do you think I'll loose. All of them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladbants)
    Where are you thinking of going if you don't get in to Warwick?
    Eh, don't really care. Just wherever will take me.

ReputationRep:
    For the last part of the last question, where you had to calculate the coordinates of E, lambda was 2/5 or -2/5, right? Did we then have to plug our values for Lambda into the equation of l2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sztirmzi)
    did you guys use t = π/3 or π/6 for the parametric question? wasn't it strange getting π/3 through x (parametric equation) and π/6 through y (parametric equation)!
    This initially confused me too! Think I got pi/3 in the end, because this value worked for both the x and y equations and pi/6 only worked for the y equation

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzam)
    Lose one mark probably
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJtheconfusedcat)
    480 ums in an A isnt it? 540 ums is the A* you cant get A* overall without an A in AS
    you can, I got a B in AS (233/300) and think I've got an A* this year
    You need 480/600 ( A requirement over all 6 units)
    and 180/200 (90% average) in C3 and C4

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys i really need some help with this, i'm panicing so hard..

for question 4 i accidently put the x on the top instead of the bottom so differentiated and got -x^2 / 5 = t + c

then everything else i did was from this. So i think i got both of the questions wrong. My methodology was correct but i got the wrong equation because I made this silly error.

I ended up getting 640 as t and did 640x24x60 to get the minutes

How many marks would i lose for this? Would i get any marks carried forward?

for the very last vector question i used 1/2absinC to get the area but used 1/2(2route5)(2route5)(3/5) instead of using 2route2 so i got 6 instead of 12/5 for the area.

For the very last section I used P +/- linda(direction vector of l2) to work out the two points of B but worked out linda as 1 which is wrong.

How many marks in total would i lose for these errors? Any help would be very appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fuego1)
    what grade/ums will 63-64 out of 75 be
    A, around 83/84 UMS. I'm guessing similar boundaries to 2013

ReputationRep:
    can anyone help me out!
    72/75 c3
    65/75 c4
    is that likely to be an a*?/ what ums would each get me?

ReputationRep:
    Alright guys, I'm done. It's been a hard couple of months but it feels good to finally be free! No worries (except results) at all for the first time in years hahahaha !

I recommend (if you've finished exams) to just forget about them, nothing you can now no matter what, and you're just gonna start doubting yourself the more you think about everything so I reckon it's best just to forget about it!!

Have a good Summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by togerel)
    For the last part of the last question, where you had to calculate the coordinates of E, lambda was 2/5 or -2/5, right? Did we then have to plug our values for Lambda into the equation of l2?
    Yeah! this is what i got and yes you were supposed to put it in l2 I hope you did

ReputationRep:
    I differentiated 2x^y wrong by accident so how many marks will that lose me in the first part and how many also for the second part where u had to work out x coordinate

ReputationRep:
    How did you do 7c - area of S question? I got 1024pi/5 then I minused it from the area of the cylinder which I think gave me 500 something pi/5 so how is the answer 1696pi/5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sztirmzi)
    Yeah! this is what i got and yes you were supposed to put it in l2 I hope you did
    I remember you from Cam/Imperial threads Good to see you again! Hope you're going solid with your offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Eh, don't really care. Just wherever will take me.
    Oh... don't lose hope already though. what do you need to get into your insurance?

ReputationRep:
    for Q6 on the prove that the integral = k (integral) sin^x i got 1/8 (integral) sec^2x. WHere did i go wrong and how many marks would i get for part B for carrying the k = 1/8 instead of using k=8?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.