The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tiriol
This initially confused me too! Think I got pi/3 in the end, because this value worked for both the x and y equations and pi/6 only worked for the y equation

If you sub π/3 in both the x and y parametric equation, you got the coordinates they gave. I too got a bit confused on that but that was reassuring to see

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
for Question 6 on the prove that the integral = k (integral) sin^x i got 1/8 (integral) sec^2x.

WHere did i go wrong and how many marks would i get for part B for carrying the k = 1/8 instead of using k=8?
Original post by Nightinwind
can anyone help me out!
72/75 c3
65/75 c4
is that likely to be an a*?/ what ums would each get me?

should be 95+84 so a high A
Original post by togerel
For the last part of the last question, where you had to calculate the coordinates of E, lambda was 2/5 or -2/5, right? Did we then have to plug our values for Lambda into the equation of l2?

yep
Original post by tiriol
This initially confused me too! Think I got pi/3 in the end, because this value worked for both the x and y equations and pi/6 only worked for the y equation

I found this aswell but i used pi/6 so will i lose most marks for that whole question
Original post by sztirmzi
Yeah! this is what i got and yes you were supposed to put it in l2 :smile: I hope you did

Yes, I did do this :smile: Thanks for the clarification!
for Question 6 on the prove that the integral = k (integral) sin^x i got 1/8 (integral) sec^2x.

Does anyone know where I went wrong?

and for part b how many marks would i get for carrying the k = 1/8 instead of using k=8?
If anyone has decent markshemes for C3, D1 or C4 could you post them? I haven't minded any of them but I've lost so many marks due to running out of time on all of them and I need to work out the chances of me getting the grade I need based on what I did answer. Also ****ed up all the other units but got 236/300 UMS last year so only need 184 from these papers.
for co-ordinates of E did anyone get (-3,12/5,9/5) and (-7,28/5,21/5) ?

i worked out how long one "gradient" was which a 5root2 , then the length from P to E which i got a 2root2 then used unit vectors/compared to work out the points
(edited 7 years ago)
I got about C3 68-70
And C4 68-69

Do you think this could get me an A*???
Original post by Student403
I remember you from Cam/Imperial threads :smile: Good to see you again! Hope you're going solid with your offers

Yeah! I remember you. I hope you are solid with your offers as well. I think I am going to end up in Imperial after that STEP exam for Camb as long as I don't mess up my alevel exams. Good luck for results day :smile:
Original post by ravichauhan11
yep

Thanks!
Original post by sztirmzi
Yeah! I remember you. I hope you are solid with your offers as well. I think I am going to end up in Imperial after that STEP exam for Camb as long as I don't mess up my alevel exams. Good luck for results day :smile:

Thanks! Imperial is still world class - you should be proud :biggrin: Good luck to you too!
Original post by shahkr
How many marks do you think you will get for 1024/5pi? I did that too

I think we'll lose 1/2 marks
Original post by Lia_Fletcher
hey guys, i made some really stupid mistakes and think i only got 64/75 on C4. if i also got about 71/75 on C3 whats the likelihood of this being A*?

For an A* you need 480/600 UMS and 180+ between c3 and c4. Depending on the difficulty of the papers and the UMS conversions, 71/75 in C3 and 64/75 in C4 could get you an A* provided that you have the required 480 UMS too.

For an A* on average, you need approximately 136/150 raw marks across C3 and C4 combined, but this number may vary.
Original post by Engineerrookie
I got about C3 68-70
And C4 68-69

Do you think this could get me an A*???

yeah probs just over 90 in C3 and maybe 90 or just under in C4 (didn't sit them but seen C3 and judging by people's reactions to C4)
Reply 4476
Original post by douglasaa
What did everyone get for question 9) I got y = 32(1 + ln(x))^2

There was NO question 9, think you did the wrong paper.
Original post by Dhaal
There was NO question 9, think you did the wrong paper.

LOL!
Does anyone remember a question 6a BEFORE the graph apparently? Hmmm
Original post by Kay Fearn
For the decay question did anyone get t = 640

so 640 x 24 x 60 = answer in minutes?

For the last area did anybody also get 6 units^2 ?

Found the paper ok, some tricky questions but only thing i think i may have got wrong fully was the very last question.

I found the distance of the direction vector and said linda = 1

then i used the vector equation P +/- linda(direction vector) to get the two co-ordinates of B. I didn't have enough time to finish it but i knew the methodology so hope i got a few marks for it. one of the B co-ordinates i got was -4i +9j +5k

I did the same thing as you on the decay question because did integral(-5/2x)dx = integral(1)dt instead of integral(1/x)dx = integral(-2/5)dt
Very annoying because that question was 7 marks :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending