Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have the question paper/ workings??

ReputationRep:
    kprime2 are you doing solutions for this c4 exams? cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skylarkman)
    I was happy coming out of that exam predicting I got about 69 thinking that combined with my C3 of 66 is an A*. Then I've come on here and seen all you *******s found it easy! Whats the likely hood of 66 and 69 being an A*?
    There's a chance but you're going to be cutting it fine.... I imagine the A* in C4 will be about 69/70, C3 was about the same difficulty as last year so about 65/66, so yeah if you do it'll be close good luck 🎉🎉🎉

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thestarter)
    I did the same, I can't see us losing more than two marks due to follow through
    Thanks for the reply, glad I'm not alone. My brain does stupid stuff when I'm tired.

ReputationRep:
    Would 70/71 in C3 and 65/66 in C4 be enough for an A*?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ombtom)
    I'm not sure if this is completely correct.

1a) 6
    2a) 1 b) 3 c) 5
    3a) 5 b) 4
    4a) 4 b) 3
    5a) 4 b) 2
    6a) 6 b) 5 c) 5
    7a) 2 b) 1 c) 4
    8a) 1 b) 2 c) 2 d) 3 e) 2 f) 5
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akiwicat)
    Thanks for the reply, glad I'm not alone. My brain does stupid stuff when I'm tired.
    hi I did the same, how's 16 wrong?

ReputationRep:
    somehow i got c to be -720. Can anyone explain why i got this I split the fraction so i had 1/ -5/2x dx = 1 dt the integrated them both not sure if i was only meant to divide the x and leave the -5/2
    can someone tell me how many marks i would get for this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ErwinJ)
    I think I got every single mark apart from Q2 parts b) and c). Like HOW THE F*** did i mess up the trapezium rule?!?! What were the answers and how many marks was each part?
    I think I got all the marks apart from on the rate of decay one I forgot to rearrange it to make x the subject and then to convert from days to hours I multiplied by 12! Of all the mistakes I could have made on this paper forgetting how many hours there are in a day was by far the most ridiculous one to make

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Algebraicly)
    hi I did the same, how's 16 wrong?
    So I had a square root of 4sin^2(x)/4-4cos^(x) and because I rushed it I didn't notice that the 4s cancelled out. So I took a factor of 2 out of the square root which when multiplied with the 8 from the dx substitution gave a lambda of 16.

ReputationRep:
    Would 72/75 in c3 and 69 on c4 be enough for an A*?

ReputationRep:
    What raw mark do you think will convert to 90 UMS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JackW98)
    Would 72/75 in c3 and 69 on c4 be enough for an A*?
    obviously

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordyP)
    I think I got all the marks apart from on the rate of decay one I forgot to rearrange it to make x the subject and then to convert from days to hours I multiplied by 12! Of all the mistakes I could have made on this paper forgetting how many hours there are in a day was by far the most ridiculous one to make
    Thats fine though because you will have just dropped 1 mark. Rather than a possible 8 marks on the trapezium Q. I definitely got 2 values for the two parts to the question, but I dont know how I could have gone wrong. Hopefully I will pick up at least 3 method marks and get 70/75. So if i got 65 in C3 and 70 in this, I may be VERY close to the A* boundary. We will see.

ReputationRep:
    How many marks would I lose if I put 4 as the radius for the volume question???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marethyu)
    Would 71/75 in C3 and 66/75 in C4 be an A*????
    Absolutely, with 100% certainty. I'm more worried as I think i got 65 and 70.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thestarter)
    I did the same, I can't see us losing more than two marks due to follow through
    lol same, hope it's only 2

ReputationRep:
    Would I get marks for getting the wrong integral but still integrating?

ReputationRep:
    So 64 in C4 72 in C3 is that enough for an A* or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ErwinJ)
    Thats fine though because you will have just dropped 1 mark. Rather than a possible 8 marks on the trapezium Q. I definitely got 2 values for the two parts to the question, but I dont know how I could have gone wrong. Hopefully I will pick up at least 3 method marks and get 70/75. So if i got 65 in C3 and 70 in this, I may be VERY close to the A* boundary. We will see.
    You'll probably be closer to the A* than me! I think i've got around 73/74 on C4 but C3 was terrible for me! Worst case scenario for C3 if I didn't gain any method marks is 55/75 but I'm really hoping for around 60 but even so my average over the two papers will be less than 90% unless 100 UMS for C4 drops to 73/74 which I think is unlikely. Only need an A for uni so I won't be too bothered but I was really hoping for the A*. I don't know why I made so many mistakes on C3. Good luck with your A*!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.