Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Guys?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123cyl)
    How many marks would I lose if I put 4 as the radius for the volume question???
    What radius?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fukyourmum)
    What radius?
    For calculating the volume of th cylinder...

ReputationRep:
    What radius?
    The volume of S (rotated through 360°)

Had to do the area under the curve and then subtract that from the area of the whole rectangle as it rotates which forms a cylinder.

544π - 1024π/5 = 1696π/5

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    For calculating the volume of th cylinder...
    What question was that :O, wth! I just remember the one about finding the volume of S

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CALI1198)
    The volume of S (rotated through 360°)

Had to do the area under the curve and then subtract that from the area of the whole rectangle as it rotates which forms a cylinder.

544π - 1024π/5 = 1696π/5

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    Yep got that

ReputationRep:
    What question was that :O, wth! I just remember the one about finding the volume of S
    It was that question. When the line y=8 is rotated about the x axis it creates a cylinder with radius 8

ReputationRep:
    would 65/75 on both be an A*

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts:

100% in C4 (doubt this'll slip at all, I did tons of checks as I had about 20 mins, things like legible handwriting, correct sf/dp and ensuring all parts of the question were answered).
    Something around 65-67/75 for C3. Couldn't pin an exact number but the lowest it'll go might be 60.

Will I get an A*?

ReputationRep:
    How did people find that compared to the June 2015 and 2014 C4 papers?

ReputationRep:
    I reckon I got 70/75 for C3 and 63/75 for C4. Was hoping for an A* but messed up C4 :/

ReputationRep:
    On the implicit differentiation question (I think it was q3), for the -sin(piy) term, I forgot the dy/dx afterwards, which meant I got the part a) slightly wrong, and same for the part b) as I had no pi on the bottom of my final answer. Any idea how many marks I'll have lost?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordyP)
    You'll probably be closer to the A* than me! I think i've got around 73/74 on C4 but C3 was terrible for me! Worst case scenario for C3 if I didn't gain any method marks is 55/75 but I'm really hoping for around 60 but even so my average over the two papers will be less than 90% unless 100 UMS for C4 drops to 73/74 which I think is unlikely. Only need an A for uni so I won't be too bothered but I was really hoping for the A*. I don't know why I made so many mistakes on C3. Good luck with your A*!
    Thats unfortunate, but luckily you got what you needed for sure. I also only need an A for Uni, but have utter lack of faith in my Physics abilities, so am expecting to get a B in that. Hence an A* in maths would help me get accepted.
    Well done for todays exam though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordyP)
    It was that question. When the line y=8 is rotated about the x axis it creates a cylinder with radius 8
    Any idea how many marks would I lose if I used 4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)
    Thoughts:

100% in C4 (doubt this'll slip at all, I did tons of checks as I had about 20 mins, things like legible handwriting, correct sf/dp and ensuring all parts of the question were answered).
    Something around 65-67/75 for C3. Couldn't pin an exact number but the lowest it'll go might be 60.

Will I get an A*?
    Yes, unless Edexcel decide to be cruel and make it 68 for an A in C3, which would never happen, since an A* would be something like 73.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craig1998)
    Thoughts:

Will I get an A*?
    I'd say so definitely! 100UMS on C4 then I think 80UMS on C3 will be around 60 so if your worst case scenario is 180UMS then you're spot on Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwanjwan)
    would 65/75 on both be an A*
    That would be pushing it, but I realistically think not. I would say it would be very close to the A* but not quite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marethyu)
    Would 71/75 in C3 and 66/75 in C4 be an A*????
    If the grade boundaries are as high for C4 as people seem to suspect they will be, then you will probably get somewhere around 90-92%ish UMS average across both papers.

ReputationRep:
    Any idea how many marks would I lose if I used 4?
    I'd say probably 1.
    It was only a 4 mark question and most of that will come from finding the area under the curve and then maybe two for finding the area of the cylinder and subtracting so you'll get the method mark but not the accuracy

ReputationRep:
    please anyone show the method for the decay question because i found 1582 minutes but i did first part ok

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.