Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    What grade would 65 be?

ReputationRep:
    If I get 60 in c3 and 65 in c4, I've lost the A* havn't I?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can someone show me how they worked out question 5 step by step( parametric equations)

ReputationRep:
    Just to make sure for the first integration question for 6 marks was i completely wrong in differentiating thr bottom of the fraction and then Integrating to give 1/3ln of something?

ReputationRep:
    I think I got 67/75 in C3 and 71/75 in C4. How close do you think this would be to an A*

(Original post by SeanFM)
    I laughed more than I should have at that bit. I am a terrible person. :getmecoat:

Good luck though
    Haha don't worry. Hopefully it's still a strong A and I have A*s in Bio and Chem to meet my offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jwanjwan)
    you know for the implicit differentiation question part (b) i got the right gradient but then found the incorrect normal , i used -(22+pi)/8 and followed it through, so i got the right gradient but the wrong normal and subsequently the wrong values for a,b,c,d. What marks would i get if any?
    how many marks was it out of the a b c d question. maybe 3 method marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thestarter)
    what do people predict M1 C3 and C4 boundaries to be?
    I reckon M1-58 for 80 ums, C3- 61 for 80 ums and 65/66 for 90 ums, C4- 64/63 for 80 ums and 70/69 for 90 ums

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehollowcrown)
    I think I got 67/75 in C3 and 71/75 in C4. How close do you think this would be to an A*
    Should be an A*. It's 90% UMS overall. C4 generally tends to be higher boundaries at about 65-68 and c3 is generally between 63+. I'd say your pretty secure great job!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJtheconfusedcat)
    If I get 60 in c3 and 65 in c4, I've lost the A* havn't I?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    that's what i think i got ..yh, basically because it's not going to be 180 for C3 and C4 which is the prerequisite...

sooo annoying because i have worked so hard for this, and did not expect to be so disappointed with maths after these two years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ErwinJ)
    Thats fine though because you will have just dropped 1 mark. Rather than a possible 8 marks on the trapezium Q. I definitely got 2 values for the two parts to the question, but I dont know how I could have gone wrong. Hopefully I will pick up at least 3 method marks and get 70/75. So if i got 65 in C3 and 70 in this, I may be VERY close to the A* boundary. We will see.
    Can someone show me how they worked out question 5 step by step( parametric equations)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor_leigh)
    Should be an A*. It's 90% UMS overall. C4 generally tends to be higher boundaries at about 65-68 and c3 is generally between 63+. I'd say your pretty secure great job!!!
    Thanks mate, great help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thehollowcrown)
    Thanks mate, great help!
    No worries, I'm hoping my 68, 70 will get me an A*

ReputationRep:
    what if I got 75/75 in C4 and 61/75 in C3, A*?

coz for last yr, 59 was an A and the difficulty and length is comparable to this year's, also for 2014 it was 60 for an A but obviously look at the paper it was easier...so maybe i will jsut scrap an A*?

ReputationRep:
    70/75 in C3, 69/75 in C4, enough for an average of 90 UMS?

ReputationRep:
    68 in C3 and 68 in C4 would that be an A*,read question 8b wrong so annoyed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patrick Gekko)
    similar position... 61ish in c3, 75 c4.. hoping for the best
    dw i think u will deffo get an A*. I think i may be 1 mark short tho. here is hoping

ReputationRep:
    What was question 2c??

ReputationRep:
    Wasnt the answer for integrating the fraction for 6 marks just to differentiate the bottom and then integrate if not wud that get any marks

ReputationRep:
    Ehat was the volume question anyone?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.