Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think I got about 75 in c3 and 60-65 in c4, not so sure on c4 i think i made silly mistakes

ReputationRep:
    Think I got 73-4 in C3 but C4 didn't go too well- hoping to scrape an A* overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor_leigh)
    No worries, I'm hoping my 68, 70 will get me an A*
    hope it goes well for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flight1)
    70/75 in C3, 69/75 in C4, enough for an average of 90 UMS?
    probably... 70 in C3 defo an A*, 69 in C4 may not be an A* this year but altogether it should give you 90+ on average

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ALevel Student 1)
    Would 71/75 in C3 and 66/75 in C4 be an A*????
    71 in C3 is certainly an A*, 66 in C4 is most likely an A, but your C3 should pull up the average and probably you'll have the A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by immagooner)
    what if I got 75/75 in C4 and 61/75 in C3, A*?

coz for last yr, 59 was an A and the difficulty and length is comparable to this year's, also for 2014 it was 60 for an A but obviously look at the paper it was easier...so maybe i will jsut scrap an A*?
    I think the C3 A* boundary will be around 65-66 so you'll have the A*

ReputationRep:
    Guys I still wanna know why I and a few others got lambda = 16??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by immagooner)
    what if I got 75/75 in C4 and 61/75 in C3, A*?

coz for last yr, 59 was an A and the difficulty and length is comparable to this year's, also for 2014 it was 60 for an A but obviously look at the paper it was easier...so maybe i will jsut scrap an A*?
    probably won't be an A*, the boundary for an A will be on C3 will be higher than 61, there wasn't anything on there that hadn't been asked before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexander312)
    Guys I still wanna know why I and a few others got lambda = 16??
    probably thought 4 - 4sin^2theta was the same as costheta

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me what the volume Q was about? I dont remember a question about volume...

ReputationRep:
    c3- 58-59
    c4- 63-64
    m1-63-65
    c2-70-72
    c1-60-65

should I be worried about not getting an A ?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone send me the answers with questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yua)
    probably thought 4 - 4sin^2theta was the same as costheta
    I see where I went wrong now, thanks haha, how many marks is that then for question 6 do you think, including the method marks I will hopefully receive for that question, as I think I made the correct method for getting to sin^2 and then integrating it?

ReputationRep:
    Made only one mistake. For the volume questions, I took the length of the cylinder as 8 instead of 8.5. This gave me the wrong answer of 512pi - 'whatever it was' rather than 544pi - 'whatever it was'. One mark lost for answer.

Would I lose 1 or 2 marks for method? 72 or 73 for me. I'd really love it if someone could reply and say what they think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yua)
    probably won't be an A*, the boundary for an A will be on C3 will be higher than 61, there wasn't anything on there that hadn't been asked before
    yea but even 2014 easier papers have 60 ums for A and last year's with similar difficulty had 59 for A so how can it be higher than 61? ppl suddenly get much smarter this yr?

ReputationRep:
    72/75 in c4
    66/75 in c3
    66/75 in fp2
    Enough for a*?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christinasa)
    72/75 in c4
    66/75 in c3
    66/75 in fp2
    Enough for a*?
    fp2 doesn't contribute to maths A level.

Unless you're taking an A Level in Pure Maths

ReputationRep:
    For the area of the triangle in the vector question I used sin of a rounded angle from cosx=4/5, meaning I was just off 2.4, do you think I'll still get full marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economistician)
    Can anyone tell me what the volume Q was about? I dont remember a question about volume...

The volume question started by asking to integrate (2x+1)^3/2 or something?

Gave a graph of (2x+1)^3/4 and we had to integrate that squared (using the above) times pi and subtract it from the volume of the cylinder which was trapped between the x axis and the line y=8 before being rotated.

ReputationRep:
    Please vote in C4 poll
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4184079

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 22, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.