Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I think I got about 75 in c3 and 60-65 in c4, not so sure on c4 i think i made silly mistakes

ReputationRep:
    Think I got 73-4 in C3 but C4 didn't go too well- hoping to scrape an A* overall.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connor_leigh)
    No worries, I'm hoping my 68, 70 will get me an A*
    hope it goes well for you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flight1)
    70/75 in C3, 69/75 in C4, enough for an average of 90 UMS?
    probably... 70 in C3 defo an A*, 69 in C4 may not be an A* this year but altogether it should give you 90+ on average

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ALevel Student 1)
    Would 71/75 in C3 and 66/75 in C4 be an A*????
    71 in C3 is certainly an A*, 66 in C4 is most likely an A, but your C3 should pull up the average and probably you'll have the A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by immagooner)
    what if I got 75/75 in C4 and 61/75 in C3, A*?

coz for last yr, 59 was an A and the difficulty and length is comparable to this year's, also for 2014 it was 60 for an A but obviously look at the paper it was easier...so maybe i will jsut scrap an A*?
    I think the C3 A* boundary will be around 65-66 so you'll have the A*

ReputationRep:
    Guys I still wanna know why I and a few others got lambda = 16??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by immagooner)
    what if I got 75/75 in C4 and 61/75 in C3, A*?

coz for last yr, 59 was an A and the difficulty and length is comparable to this year's, also for 2014 it was 60 for an A but obviously look at the paper it was easier...so maybe i will jsut scrap an A*?
    probably won't be an A*, the boundary for an A will be on C3 will be higher than 61, there wasn't anything on there that hadn't been asked before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexander312)
    Guys I still wanna know why I and a few others got lambda = 16??
    probably thought 4 - 4sin^2theta was the same as costheta

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone tell me what the volume Q was about? I dont remember a question about volume...

ReputationRep:
    c3- 58-59
    c4- 63-64
    m1-63-65
    c2-70-72
    c1-60-65

should I be worried about not getting an A ?

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone send me the answers with questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yua)
    probably thought 4 - 4sin^2theta was the same as costheta
    I see where I went wrong now, thanks haha, how many marks is that then for question 6 do you think, including the method marks I will hopefully receive for that question, as I think I made the correct method for getting to sin^2 and then integrating it?

ReputationRep:
    Made only one mistake. For the volume questions, I took the length of the cylinder as 8 instead of 8.5. This gave me the wrong answer of 512pi - 'whatever it was' rather than 544pi - 'whatever it was'. One mark lost for answer.

Would I lose 1 or 2 marks for method? 72 or 73 for me. I'd really love it if someone could reply and say what they think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yua)
    probably won't be an A*, the boundary for an A will be on C3 will be higher than 61, there wasn't anything on there that hadn't been asked before
    yea but even 2014 easier papers have 60 ums for A and last year's with similar difficulty had 59 for A so how can it be higher than 61? ppl suddenly get much smarter this yr?

ReputationRep:
    72/75 in c4
    66/75 in c3
    66/75 in fp2
    Enough for a*?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christinasa)
    72/75 in c4
    66/75 in c3
    66/75 in fp2
    Enough for a*?
    fp2 doesn't contribute to maths A level.

Unless you're taking an A Level in Pure Maths

ReputationRep:
    For the area of the triangle in the vector question I used sin of a rounded angle from cosx=4/5, meaning I was just off 2.4, do you think I'll still get full marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economistician)
    Can anyone tell me what the volume Q was about? I dont remember a question about volume...

The volume question started by asking to integrate (2x+1)^3/2 or something?

Gave a graph of (2x+1)^3/4 and we had to integrate that squared (using the above) times pi and subtract it from the volume of the cylinder which was trapped between the x axis and the line y=8 before being rotated.

ReputationRep:
    Please vote in C4 poll
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4184079

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.