Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N0ddy)
    This is to let everyone know that the C3 and C4 papers were unfortunately seen by many students before the exams - it is not a hoax!
    Schools have reported it to Pearson with evidence, who are now in the process of investigating so watch this space.. Not sure what this means for our exams
    how do you know?

ReputationRep:
    What for an a do you think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tan455)
    Hi guys
    How does an A* in maths work
    Doesn't it include all c1,2,3,4 and stats1,2 or mechanics 1,2??
    For far I think I got 90 ums for c3 and c4 and last year I got a UMS of 250 still got s2 left
    http://umstools.sourceforge.net/demo...tor&target=gce

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N0ddy)
    This is to let everyone know that the C3 and C4 papers were unfortunately seen by many students before the exams - it is not a hoax!
    Schools have reported it to Pearson with evidence, who are now in the process of investigating so watch this space.. Not sure what this means for our exams
    (Original post by N0ddy)
    Because I'm one of the students who reported it to my school- my friends got sent 'real papers' last night and refused to do their exam today as the photos they got sent turned out to photos of the real thing. They've also reported it and Pearson was contacted
    What do you think the repercussions will be? :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N0ddy)
    Because I'm one of the students who reported it to my school- my friends got sent photos of 'real papers' last night and refused to do their exam today as the photos turned out to be the real thing. They've also reported it and Pearson was contacted
    Lol ur wet. If they cheated let them why would you report it to your school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by N0ddy)
    Because I'm one of the students who reported it to my school- my friends got sent 'real papers' last night and refused to do their exam today as the photos they got sent turned out to photos of the real thing. They've also reported it and Pearson was contacted
    in case it does turn out to be true what you sayin! Do you think only u guys are goin do the core 4 again or we all have to do it again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jasonmaths)
    How about A* boundaies for both c3 and c4?
    Yea I agree with you. When I did 2015's paper as a mock, I got full UMS, thats why I think last yr is so much easier. I made a lot of silly mistakes today Hopefully I can still get just an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Use last year's grade boundaries for a rough idea of UMS. Or find a paper you think is very similar in difficulty to both papers and go with those boundaries.
    Thanks but I'm not sure of similar difficulty papers, do you have any predictions for grade boundaries?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coolguy123456)
    Thanks but I'm not sure of similar difficulty papers, do you have any predictions for grade boundaries?
    I know it's not an easy thing to do / can be inaccurate/imperfect , but if I were to predict grade boundaries that is what I would do. I'm afraid I don't predict grade boundaries.

Good luck though

ReputationRep:
    C1 69-70
    c2 66-67
    s1 52-55

c3 57-60
    c4 60-63
    s2 - monday

can I still get an A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smithy1597)
    If i get 66/75 in c3 and 68/75 in c4 would i just about get the a* grade?
    I got same marks as you for both C3 and C4 ;( I am so worried about my grades...Hopefully We could get an A* (fingercrossed)

ReputationRep:
    How many marks out of the total 100marks do u think i need to get for 47ums and 57ums. Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    why people don't post exam paper anymore like without solutions?? we did manage to access them last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imran_)
    C1 69-70
    c2 66-67
    s1 52-55

c3 57-60
    c4 60-63
    s2 - monday

can I still get an A?
    you'd need about an A in S2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imran_)
    Lol ur wet. If they cheated let them why would you report it to your school
    I'm wondering whether they'll disqualify everyone from that centre. In which case, they done f***ed up worse than Brexit by telling the invigilator 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Euclidean)
    I'm wondering whether they'll disqualify everyone from that centre. In which case, they done f***ed up worse than Brexit by telling the invigilator 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    doubt it, the proof would have been deleted by now
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sztirmzi)
    why people don't post exam paper anymore like without solutions?? we did manage to access them last year
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4117437

ReputationRep:
    Is TSR trying to remove posts as well which has question papers in them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 626)
    What would this be?
    72/75 in C3
    63/75 in C4
    ums is not linear, therefore, using last years' ums calculator...71 was 100 ums for c3 so whether you got 71 or 72 or 75...it will all be seen as 100 ums

and 62 was 80 ums last year and 63 was about 82 ums

therefore, it you got those marks last year, u would have gotten an A*. this year exams were roughly the same level so it should still be an A* in my opinion. the guy who replied to you saying that 72 was 96 ums, he doesn't know how ums calculation works....

if you have any doubts, feel free to go to edexcel website, download ums calculator, it is on excel spreadsheet and then input the years and the exam modules, then you wouldn't have to ask people for ums!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sztirmzi)
    Arsey got indirectly told by edexcel to stop it as it does not allow the school to use the papers as mocks and therefore he stopped, willingly and has a thread about it. he was the guy who used to post the papers with solutions

therefore, no more solutions from this year onwards. he stopped a week or two ago

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.