Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread Watch

Announcements
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sztirmzi)
    Is TSR trying to remove posts as well which has question papers in them?
    I'm not sure. Any actual copies of the paper

I'm not sure. But any posts with an actual copy of the paper would/should be removed as far as I can tell, otherwise Arsey has no reason to not be allowed. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I believe I got 66//75 on C3 and 75/75 on C4 will this definitely be an A*? Even with high grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    Just making sure - I got (worst case scenario) 63/64 out of 75 C3 and 75/75 in C4 (all my answers checked through but maybe allow -1 mark) - do people think this will be an A*?

ReputationRep:
    I've been quite downbeat all day, it was an easy exam and I choked. Should've got an A* but I messed up. Oh well, wasn't meant to be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ALevel Student 1)
    Would 71/75 in C3 and 66/75 in C4 be an A*????
    http://umstools.sourceforge.net/demo...tor&target=gce

ReputationRep:
    Would 71/75 in C3 and 66/75 in C4 be an A*????
    I think people will lose mark on volume integration and last vector E question! So I do believe you will get an A*

ReputationRep:
    99% sure this is an A*
    cheers man

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,does anyone know what units with come under core maths for the UMS mark and what comes under further pure.....
    I have done/will be doing,
    C1,C2,C3,C4
    FP1,FP2,FP3
    M1,M2,M3
    S1,S2

wondering how edexcel shifts units around for the final grade....
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoosterJones)
    Hey guys,does anyone know what units with come under core maths for the UMS mark and what comes under further pure.....
    I have done/will be doing,
    C1,C2,C3,C4
    FP1,FP2,FP3
    M1,M2,M3
    S1,S2

wondering how edexcel shifts units around for the final grade....
    The exam board maximises your grades for maths, and then further maths (with the lowest highest grade in maths, if that makes sense, so that your further maths is as high as possible as well).

But with the applied units it will either be:

S1 and S2
    M1 and M2
    or M1 and S1 in A-level maths.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    The exam board maximises your grades for maths, and then further maths (with the lowest highest grade in maths, if that makes sense, so that your further maths is as high as possible as well).

But with the applied units it will either be:

S1 and S2
    M1 and M2
    or M1 and S1 in A-level maths.
    Thanks Sean!

ReputationRep:
    On the volume integration question I treated 17/2 as the radius instead of 8 and therefore my answer was slightly different, how many marks will I lose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kamez)
    ums is not linear, therefore, using last years' ums calculator...71 was 100 ums for c3 so whether you got 71 or 72 or 75...it will all be seen as 100 ums

and 62 was 80 ums last year and 63 was about 82 ums

therefore, it you got those marks last year, u would have gotten an A*. this year exams were roughly the same level so it should still be an A* in my opinion. the guy who replied to you saying that 72 was 96 ums, he doesn't know how ums calculation works....

if you have any doubts, feel free to go to edexcel website, download ums calculator, it is on excel spreadsheet and then input the years and the exam modules, then you wouldn't have to ask people for ums!
    Thanks so much 😃

ReputationRep:
    what's this about the C4 paper being leaked??

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the marks for each question? thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    In what way is UMS not linear? I don't have excel so I can't use the spreadsheet (it doesn't work on google docs or OpenOffice) . I would have assumed that the ums graph would be a straight line between grades (e.g. If 64 is 80 and 69 is 90, then each mark between increases by 2)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabbasalacious)
    In what way is UMS not linear? I don't have excel so I can't use the spreadsheet (it doesn't work on google docs or OpenOffice) . I would have assumed that the ums graph would be a straight line between grades (e.g. If 64 is 80 and 69 is 90, then each mark between increases by 2)
    Here is a sample from last year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabbasalacious)
    It would if that were the boundaries?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Here is a sample from last year
    Ah that's just because it's a different rate below the E grade - between the actual grades I'm pretty sure it's linear

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingaaran)
    Ah that's just because it's a different rate below the E grade - between the actual grades I'm pretty sure it's linear

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Not necessarily. S2 for example

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Not necessarily. S2 for example

Again, only because they had to change the rate at which the UMS was going up by unless they wanted it to be 75 for an A*! It's usually linear unless it's at the very extremities

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.