Original post by Zacken
Which one?

It's from one of the solomon Qs, i'm just converting into in latex rn
Original post by ULTRALIGHT BEAM
It's from one of the solomon Qs, i'm just converting into in latex rn

Converted yet?
Only for student aiming for 75/75

Get rich or die tryin

[br]y=f(x)[br]y=(x21)32[br]R=22ydx[br][br]y= f(x)[br]y = \left( x^{2} - 1\right) ^ {-\dfrac{3}{2}}[br]R = \int^{2}_{\sqrt {2}}ydx[br]
R rotated through 2π\pi about the X axis
Show the solid formed is
[br]π8[3ln(1+ab)+7288a8][br]\dfrac {\pi}{8}\left[ 3\ln \left( \dfrac {1+a}{b}\right) + \dfrac {7}{288} - \dfrac {a}{8}\right]
For 20 marks
a and b are square roots
Original post by Zacken
Converted yet?

Took me like 20 mins to upload^
Original post by ULTRALIGHT BEAM
Took me like 20 mins to upload^

Probably best if you upload a screenshot or something because as it stands, your question doesn't make sense. R is a constant, how can you rotate it around the x-axis and get what you say?
Original post by Zacken
Probably best if you upload a screenshot or something because as it stands, your question doesn't make sense. R is a constant, how can you rotate it around the x-axis and get what you say?

Cant upload. Tried to compress it
Basically rotate the curve about 2pi around X axis
how would I factorise 2x^3/2 -6x=0

thanks in advance!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by imran_
how would I factorise 2x^3/2 -6x=0

thanks in advance!

Pull out a factor of x.
@Zacken is this only with me?

Everytime I do a Physics past paper I end up learning new things about the particular topics...even when I've made notes from 2 books lol???
Original post by KINGYusuf

Everytime I do a Physics past paper I end up learning new things about the particular topics...even when I've made notes from 2 books lol???

I felt the same way with AS, although I didn't really learn much before starting papers so perhaps not the best data point.
Original post by Zacken
I felt the same way with AS, although I didn't really learn much before starting papers so perhaps not the best data point.

lol maybe I'm just dumb haha

Best way to remember graphs in Maths! ^ :lol:
Original post by KINGYusuf

No me too. However what really makes the difference from say a to a* 90%ums to 100% is doing other exam boards papers.

However these new questions tend to be derivations of older ones I feel.
Original post by Mihael_Keehl
No me too. However what really makes the difference from say a to a* 90%ums to 100% is doing other exam boards papers.

However these new questions tend to be derivations of older ones I feel.

I got full UMS and I barely did 6 or 7 of Edexcel's papers, let alone other exam boards.
Original post by Zacken
I got full UMS and I barely did 6 or 7 of Edexcel's papers, let alone other exam boards.

Haha good job. The ocr papers for sciences always change what they want on the definitions :P

What are your physics strategies :P

The maths in physics is largely simple, there isn't any integration in my specification or anything like that.
For the vector proof on page 70 of the edexcel book, can they ask a proof like that in the exam :smile:

Nice illustration, although I can't see it being asked by first principle.s
Original post by Zacken

Man like Zack
Original post by Zacken

OCR Physics is a little easier than ours - we do the wordiest exam board. :facepalm:

AS boundaries were forgiving, but the A2 boundaries aren't as nice. U4 is especially bad.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending