Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2016 - Official Thread Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    Re-arrange your equations for y, what do you get?
    okay, yeah I got the same answer.

Thank you for clearing this up for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imran_)
    okay, yeah I got the same answer.

Thank you for clearing this up for me
    No problem.

ReputationRep:
    Would you recommend going over C2 circles? I'm pretty sure I've forgotten all of it (even forming a cartesian equation for a circle) and I think I've seen it in a C4 question.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what papers to do might just do all the Solomon papers and then all the gold papers and then the 2010-2015 papers for edexcel wondering if that's would be enough for c4

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yesyesyesno)
    Would you recommend going over C2 circles? I'm pretty sure I've forgotten all of it (even forming a cartesian equation for a circle) and I think I've seen it in a C4 question.
    Yes, spend half an hour going over them again.

(Original post by Supermanxxxxxx)
    Not sure what papers to do might just do all the Solomon papers and then all the gold papers and then the 2010-2015 papers for edexcel wondering if that's would be enough for c4
    I would just do the 2010-2015 papers...

ReputationRep:
    It definitely would. But considering the age and amount of Solomon Papers, as well as the fact that becoming familiar with the format of the exam questions is very important, I'd say do the official papers first, then jump onto the solomon papers. Perhaps leaving a couple of the official papers for nearer to the exam would be prudent. You should 100% not leave the 2014/2015 papers for last
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lordoftheties)
    You should 100% not leave the 2014/2015 papers for last
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why not? I do those papers the night before the exam and it works out fine.

ReputationRep:
    Why not? I do those papers the night before the exam and it works out fine.
    Just feel like being in touch with the most recent exams is pretty important...

ReputationRep:
    Just feel like being in touch with the most recent exams is pretty important...
    Being in touch with maths is more important, I would think. In either case, 2010-2013/14 is still pretty recent.

ReputationRep:
    Being in touch with maths is more important, I would think. In either case, 2010-2013/14 is still pretty recent.
    Lets just fight already.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, spend half an hour going over them again.

I would just do the 2010-2015 papers...
    cheerio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeanFM)
    Christ on a bike this flashbacked me into blindness.

ReputationRep:
    Literally so behind on c4 how long do you reckon it will take to learn the whole course and average 80 ums at least

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Literally so behind on c4 how long do you reckon it will take to learn the whole course and average 80 ums at least

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Two or three days.

ReputationRep:
    Two or three days.
    What do you think one can do in that time to achieve those marks?

ReputationRep:
    I'd say one day of watching exam solutions videos, two days of past papers should suffice for full UMS.

ReputationRep:
    The content is rather easy to learn. Just do all the reciew exercises in 2 days and that will have at 70-80ums already. Then do all the recent papers.
    A levels maths is nothing but practice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Literally so behind on c4 how long do you reckon it will take to learn the whole course and average 80 ums at leastPosted from TSR Mobile

Go all day on maths for one day (Dont procrastinate!), you can literally finish off the content in a few days, and go through some examples. After that, you can practice some maths daily and go through past papers.

If you struggle with math, and/or your C12 isn't good enough. I guess you'll take around 7-10 days for covering up the content and going through some examples, that should be good enough for a B atleast.

I'd say one day of watching exam solutions videos, two days of past papers should suffice for full UMS.
    Not everybody is Zacken though

(Original post by physicsmaths)
    The content is rather easy to learn. Just do all the reciew exercises in 2 days and that will have at 70-80ums already. Then do all the recent papers.
    A levels maths is nothing but practice.
    Definitely agree with this. Practice makes perfect!

Also make sure to learn from your mistakes and not repeat them!

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting 90+ UMS in C3 and C4 but around 50UMS in M1, kill me now.

ReputationRep:
    Does anybody have the excel ums converter for 2015. The one I have only goes up to summer 2014

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.