The Student Room Group

Year 11 - Does anyone else have mock interviews?

My mock interview is next week and I'm so nervous. I don't even know why - it's not like I'm trying to get a proper job or anything. I don't really know if all schools do this but does anyone else have one soon?
I had one in year 10, don't worry it'll be fine. We had some local employers come in and be the 'interviewers'. I got this chill plump guy with crossed eyes.

Basically:
Maintain eye contact with them at all time, if not, maintain contact with their forehead/gap between eyes.
Keep your hands spread apart and on the table.
Speak clearly and loudly, not arrogantly.
Pause a little before you answer every question so if you slip up and have to think about an answer it just looks normal.
Dress up decently: boys suit and tie, girls nothing above the knee, something something no shoulders visible.
Make sure you've had a look over stuff you'd have on your CV.
Don't let the pressure get to you, no need for a river ala sweat off the forehead.

I found it helped me quite a lot, gave me an idea of the experience and pressure that i'd be under. If it's conducted properly it should help to prepare you.

DON'T PANIC! Remember, if it goes bad, it's just a practise, you know what to do better next time. And other schools have done it to, you're not just getting tortured. :eek:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Woody_Pigeon
I had one in year 10, don't worry it'll be fine. We had some local employers come in and be the 'interviewers'. I got this chill plump guy with crossed eyes.

Basically:
Maintain eye contact with them at all time, if not, maintain contact with their forehead/gap between eyes.
Keep your hands spread apart and on the table.
Speak clearly and loudly, not arrogantly.
Pause a little before you answer every question so if you slip up and have to think about an answer it just looks normal.
Dress up decently: boys suit and tie, girls nothing above the knee, something something no shoulders visible.
Make sure you've had a look over stuff you'd have on your CV.
Don't let the pressure get to you, no need for a river ala sweat off the forehead.

I found it helped me quite a lot, gave me an idea of the experience and pressure that i'd be under. If it's conducted properly it should help to prepare you.

DON'T PANIC! Remember, if it goes bad, it's just a practise, you know what to do better next time. And other schools have done it to, you're not just getting tortured. :eek:

Thank you! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest