The Student Room Group

GCSE Options! ASAP!

Hi everyone I'm picking my GCSE options in the next couple of days! This is what I have picked.

COMPULSORY:
Combined Science (Basically Core & Additional but this is what the new GCSE is called).
Mathematics
English Language
English Literature
RE or Citizenship (I'm picking Citizenship)

SUBJECTS I GET TO CHOOSE (3)
Business
Geography
Spanish

RESERVE SUBJECT:
History or Computer Science (not sure)

By doing these subjects I get the EBacc qualification. Are these good options? I want to either do psychology or accounting when I'm older. (Yes, very different areas but I'm interested in both). I was going to do triple science but I changed my mind. Also which subject should I choose for my reserve? (It's very unlikely I wont get into the classes I have chosen but just in case.) I also have to keep in mind that we are the first year that will do the new GCSEs, so we have no coursework and the GCSE exams are a lot harder. Anyway, sorry for rambling if anyone could answer my questions and have any advice that would be great! Thanks.
Reply 1
Do History a highly respected subject. I feel lucky as I am sitting exams May/June 2016 so History is 25% coursework and two 37.5% exams with AQA. i guess you won't have any coursework quite unlucky but I really do feel blessed that I don't have to sit those harder exams.
business is good, (i did business, history rs and spanish). id say maybe do history instead of geog :smile: good luck aha
Languages without the coursework sounds kinda dodgy, in my opinion.

JUST DON'T TAKE ART YO

Quick Reply

Latest