Why do we not have frat houses in the UK?

Watch
Dopesmoker
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
god damn, frat life in the US looks dope as f***. Every weekend must be like one big house party. Why do we have such a poverty uni nightlife system in the UK (i.e. for most unis, only 1 or 2 decent clubs in vicinity of the uni, that, or you go to the crappy nightclub on campus)?!

edit: can y'all see the video below? if not, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieV1HpAfi1k

ForgetMe
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Some of them look yummy :perv:
Betelgeuse-
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thank f we dont
cambio wechsel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Because we don't have fraternities, is one reason.
Dopesmoker
Rep:
?
(Original post by cambio wechsel)
Because we don't have fraternities, is one reason.
Wow, your powers of deduction are simply astounding.
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Because we aren't American and actually have a perfectly acceptable culture of our own.
aarora
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
In America there's the freedom to pick and choose who can be a member of these frat houses. Whereas here, if that was to take place there would be many issues due to how diverse the UK is..
Blanda Upp
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
One thing I always notice, is how American guys are far more jacked than British guys.

(Original post by aarora)
In America there's the freedom to pick and choose who can be a member of these frat houses. Whereas here, if that was to take place there would be many issues due to how diverse the UK is..
:rofl:

The UK isn't diverse at all in comparison with America.
TheThiefOfBagdad
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm not sure the initiation ceremonies such as sucking other people's **** off your thumbs would go down well over here.

On top of that, if you think that American university nightlife is better than U.K university nightlife (on average) then you are severely deluded. It is well known that America hasn't known how to do clubbing since they birthed House music in the 1980s. Now all you've got this sort of ****:

DiddyDec01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We do in a sense, just look at uni rugby teams.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dopesmoker
Rep:
?
(Original post by aarora)
Can you elaborate on your point.

Also, if you're implying the UK is more ethnically diverse than the US, that's not correct.

The US is way more diverse, and tbh in the UK London and Birmingham are the only places with any real diversity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
returnmigrant
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If that is American University 'life' (picture) then I am extremely glad I belong to a superior culture - and one that isnt based on division and exclusion, racism, misogyny, and many other nasty little distinctions.

PS. Anyone wanting to experience Frat Houses and all other naff aspects of American life, can apply for a degree that includes study abroad to the USA. Personally I can't think of anything more ghastly.
Blanda Upp
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by returnmigrant)
If that is American University 'life' (picture) then I am extremely glad I belong to a superior culture - and one that isnt based on division and exclusion, racism, misogyny, and many other nasty little distinctions.

PS. Anyone wanting to experience Frat Houses and all other naff aspects of American life, can apply for a degree that includes study abroad to the USA. Personally I can't think of anything more ghastly.
Typical bitter British kid

In England being middle class means owning a *****y terrace house you bought on a mortgage, in America being middle class means buying your kids a Mustang for their 18th.
Little Popcorns
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Because they're dumbed down American versions of an ordinary student house.
Daniellaaa
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Foo.mp3)
We're adults
College students are adults.

Frat parties are epic,especially if the sorority sisters sneak into one :mmm:
It's weird they don't have the same culture in British universities
pmprin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Blanda Upp)

In England being middle class means owning a *****y terrace house you bought on a mortgage, in America being middle class means buying your kids a Mustang for their 18th.

It really doesn't. You need to stop watching American TV.
Blanda Upp
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by pmprin)
It really doesn't. You need to stop watching American TV.
You're just mad you have to watch the Queen's speech and drink tea while everyone is a king in the land of the free

pmprin
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You're just mad you have to watch the Queen's speech and drink tea while everyone is a king in the land of the free

Moved to the US at 18 and decided to come back. All is not as it seems.
TimmonaPortella
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Perhaps, on the off chance they haven't been massacred before then.
Blanda Upp
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TimmonaPortella)
Perhaps, on the off chance they haven't been massacred before then.
Because it's not like Europe has a problem with terrorism or anything is it...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (176)
14.53%
I'm not sure (56)
4.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (354)
29.23%
I have already dropped out (35)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (590)
48.72%

Watched Threads