Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

needed - newly qualified teacher! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I have my university interviews coming up to train to be a high school maths teacher, and although I arranged to get some experience in a school I have had to delay this due to dislocating my kneecap
    I have rearranged to start after the february half term, and will have over the minimum amount of experience in a school by the end of the school year. (You need 2 weeks experience and I'll have 4 weeks). however I plan to make sure I sound like I know what I'm getting myself in for by speaking to different people as much as I can. For instance, I got in touch with my high school maths teacher and asked her a few questions. I got some advice from a friend in the middle of a TT course.
    I was just hoping there might be a newly qualified teacher or someone else to be able to offer me advice on what its like, so I can mention it in the interview.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ersmith)
    Hello,

I have my university interviews coming up to train to be a high school maths teacher, and although I arranged to get some experience in a school I have had to delay this due to dislocating my kneecap
    I have rearranged to start after the february half term, and will have over the minimum amount of experience in a school by the end of the school year. (You need 2 weeks experience and I'll have 4 weeks). however I plan to make sure I sound like I know what I'm getting myself in for by speaking to different people as much as I can. For instance, I got in touch with my high school maths teacher and asked her a few questions. I got some advice from a friend in the middle of a TT course.
    I was just hoping there might be a newly qualified teacher or someone else to be able to offer me advice on what its like, so I can mention it in the interview.

Thank you
    Most people use the phrase 'Secondary school' for a 11 to 18 school. I'm not an NQT but what do you need to know?

ReputationRep:
    I was wanting to know about what the course is like and if there was any advice anyone could give to help me keep up and things
    Just wanting to sound like ive been looking up and talking to people as much as I can so it at least looks like I understand what a commitment it is etc

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.