Any AS Year 12 students doing CIE English Literature?

Watch
derrickan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I just want to discuss texts,etc
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this.

Why not try posting in a specific subject forum- you might have more luck there.

Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses.

dorababy1995
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Well, I'm actually a mature student from the EU, but I'm going to start preparing for the CIE English A-level in less than a week and I'm going to dot he full A-level in one year.
elisabethgrace
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm year 12 and doing AS CIE literature
Which texts are you doing? I'm doing Absurd Person Singular, Twelfth Night, the poetry of Ted Hughes and The Namesake
Nice to meet you
aymen2000
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by elisabethgrace)
I'm year 12 and doing AS CIE literature
Which texts are you doing? I'm doing Absurd Person Singular, Twelfth Night, the poetry of Ted Hughes and The Namesake
Nice to meet you
Hey! I'm also in AS giving Eng lit CIE in Oct/Nov. How did your exams go?
Also, is The Namesake a good book? I was thinking about reading The house of mirth but I just can't seem to get into it.
W_sohail
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by aymen2000)
Hey! I'm also in AS giving Eng lit CIE in Oct/Nov. How did your exams go?
Also, is The Namesake a good book? I was thinking about reading The house of mirth but I just can't seem to get into it.
Hey, which texts did you end up doing? I'm giving the exam in 2 months and I could really use some help cause I'm self studying!
aymen2000
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by W_sohail)
Hey, which texts did you end up doing? I'm giving the exam in 2 months and I could really use some help cause I'm self studying!
Hey! I did Stories of Ourselves for Prose, Songs of Ourselves for Poetry (Paper 3).
For Paper 4, I did Twelfth Night by Shakespeare and then 2 short plays The Dilemma of a Ghost and Anowa by Ama Ata Aidoo.
The only problem I had was with Shakespeare as the english used was a bit difficult but Sparknotes has a section with line by line translation.
The rest I just read a few times and analyzed with the help from the internet.

Btw, very sorry for not replying earlier! I just saw this. Feel free to ask if you have more questions.
W_sohail
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by aymen2000)
Hey! I did Stories of Ourselves for Prose, Songs of Ourselves for Poetry (Paper 3).
For Paper 4, I did Twelfth Night by Shakespeare and then 2 short plays The Dilemma of a Ghost and Anowa by Ama Ata Aidoo.
The only problem I had was with Shakespeare as the english used was a bit difficult but Sparknotes has a section with line by line translation.
The rest I just read a few times and analyzed with the help from the internet.

Btw, very sorry for not replying earlier! I just saw this. Feel free to ask if you have more questions.
do you think you could send me a few sample essays that you've written for Twelfth Night? The language is kinda difficult but I personally enjoyed it a lot, and yet I have no idea where to begin when it comes to writing essays. Thanks a lot for your reply! CIE isn't very popular on tsr
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (111)
5%
Uncertainty around my education (333)
14.99%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (242)
10.9%
Lack of purpose or motivation (308)
13.87%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (102)
4.59%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (128)
5.76%
Loneliness (192)
8.64%
Financial worries (86)
3.87%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (93)
4.19%
Exposure to negative news/social media (105)
4.73%
Lack of real life entertainment (118)
5.31%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (194)
8.73%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (209)
9.41%

Watched Threads