Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever been in love? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:

So much has changed since we first met. Everything apart from the fact that I still can’t quite look you in the eyes. So I decided I should write to you instead.

I used to hate living here. But right now I wouldn’t want to live anywhere else. It is because each time I leave the house I am reminded that somewhere out there, not too far away, is a girl that makes these dreary streets sing just by walking down them.I thought that working here was a big waste of time. But now it’s a pleasure to be here. It is because there is a chance that I might meet a girl who, just by smiling, lights up any room that she’s in and I have no clue where to look or what to do.

And I used to wonder whether I would ever find the courage to tell you how I felt about you. A part of me wondered that may be if I told you how charming and beautiful you are, how absorbing it is to talk to you and just how magical it is every time I am with you, would it make any difference at all?Sadly, another part of me knows that it probably won’t.

But xxxx, please know that I would not have been able to live with myself had I not even told you just how amazing I think you are.
    I wrote that ^ So embarrassing looking back on this now lol

But love makes you do stupid things.

I think I've become too cynical to ever fall in love with anyone again.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they always have a huge smile on their face whilst looking at the top right corner of my monitor

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I love my husband, Richard.

We both shall be an entity for eternity.

ReputationRep:
    Sadly, I am incapable of love. Fun times.

ReputationRep:
    Yes with you gorgeous

ReputationRep:
    Awww!!!!

Ps- paragraphs 2 and 3 sound like one direction on repeat

No

About three crushes and that's it

You're really romantic
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I pretty much fall in love with any girl that's being nice to me

ReputationRep:
    Better I castrate myself than write something like that.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, not yet

They say it only happens once, so I'll just have to play the waiting game :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dairychocolate)
    Better I castrate myself than write something like that.
    I feel quite embarrassed for myself lol

But its weird. When you're in love with someone you do really stupid things. You seem to not care about petty things like embarrassment.

ReputationRep:
    I thought I had before, and then I 'met' you on TSR AG, and realised all the other times had just been a lesser form of love or just lust.

You have shown me my capacity to feel intense love.

So the answer is yes, and with you.

There was someone I thought I was in love with at the time, but in retrospect, I wasn't. So, no.

Also, I didn't know you had so much depth, AG. (Seriously, though, that sucks - I wouldn't let it jade you from ever falling in love again, though. Give it time.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    Hmm, not yet

What :cry2:

Thought we had something special.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)
    Hmm, not yet

I don't think it "happens once"

I think sometimes lots of factors all just come together and a person has a strong impact on you.

For me, this was at a time when I was really lonely. I was living in Birmingham, on my own. This girl was the same, living away from her friends and family first time. She laughed at my jokes and made me feel really good and she was the first really attractive female to be really nice to me. So all that meant I was "in love".

ReputationRep:
    Nope, not really trusting of people anymore

ReputationRep:
    Love is too intense and time-consuming. Not speaking from experience but speculation.

ReputationRep:
    love is an illusion

true story.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EtherealNymph22)
    What :cry2:

Thought we had something special.
    :banghead: How could I forget? :cry2:

Sorry! :jumphug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EtherealNymph22)
    I thought I had before, and then I 'met' you on TSR AG, and realised all the other times had just been a lesser form of love or just lust.

You have shown me my capacity to feel intense love.

So the answer is yes, and with you.
    (Original post by Rftra)
    Yes with you gorgeous
    Love you all

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.