Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

dropping out of my cource and applying again for September Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok brace your self for the most stupid thing I have ever done.

I applied for business management which started in September 2015 as do all cource I got accepted and everything was great I was self paying so I paid the 2 grand they asked for however I dint go to any classes for a month and a half so when I went back they said I can't do it as I missed too much and said I have to wait till next September but I opted to find another cource so I decided to transfer over to the collage of the university and start studying engenering but I found that it's not for me I don't get anything that is being taught. Ive paid 1600 for the first modusl and their are four modual in a year

I want to drop out and save my self money and then apply for business managment for September should I do this and how would I go about doing this . Plus I don't want my parent to know I dropped out as they always make a big deal out of things

ReputationRep:
    1) Why are you paying for the course yourself? Are you eligible for Student Finance? Please check...
    2) Why did you miss so much of university? It should be your priority to attend, especially if you're paying out of your own pocket!
    3) I can see why they'd make a big deal out of this, you've quite literally wasted thousands of pounds for no apparent reason?!
    4) Learn from your mistakes.

You seem quite happy still, this is good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MountKimbie)
    1) Why are you paying for the course yourself? Are you eligible for Student Finance? Please check...
    2) Why did you miss so much of university? It should be your priority to attend, especially if you're paying out of your own pocket!
    3) I can see why they'd make a big deal out of this, you've quite literally wasted thousands of pounds for no apparent reason?!
    4) Learn from your mistakes.

You seem quite happy still, this is good
    1) i'm paying it my self because i do not want to be in dept when i leave university i would rather work now and pay for it instead of suffering later when i will have family and people depending on me.

2) the reason why i missed so much of my course is because my granddad passed away and straight two weeks later my other granddad passed away. both my dad and mom where heartbroken so i decided to look after my brothers and sister while they mourned taking them to school and so on my parents insisted that i go to university still but i knew my "priorities" . when i returned to uni they couldn't do anything as it was too far in to the course.

3) i wasted money yes but i can take my parents telling me off for that but me telling them that i was kicked of my university course they would just blame them self and i do not think they can take another batch of bad news.

4) believe me I've learnt from my mistakes but its not like i had any other choice but i would still do it again.

yes i'm happy because apart from this everything else in my life is perfect i hate to be a person who is all gloomy. all i want is a way to get out of this without my parents finding out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adam1010100)
    1) i'm paying it my self because i do not want to be in dept when i leave university i would rather work now and pay for it instead of suffering later when i will have family and people depending on me.

2) the reason why i missed so much of my course is because my granddad passed away and straight two weeks later my other granddad passed away. both my dad and mom where heartbroken so i decided to look after my brothers and sister while they mourned taking them to school and so on my parents insisted that i go to university still but i knew my "priorities" . when i returned to uni they couldn't do anything as it was too far in to the course.

3) i wasted money yes but i can take my parents telling me off for that but me telling them that i was kicked of my university course they would just blame them self and i do not think they can take another batch of bad news.

4) believe me I've learnt from my mistakes but its not like i had any other choice but i would still do it again.

yes i'm happy because apart from this everything else in my life is perfect i hate to be a person who is all gloomy. all i want is a way to get out of this without my parents finding out.
    That approach may seem logical in your head now, but a student loan is hardly a debt. More of a tax.

2) I'm really sorry to hear this. I experienced the same thing when my Grandmother had a stroke and nearly died, I ended up missing my exam and now I'm studying part time which is costing me about £2200 which I'm not receiving a loan for. So I know what it's like. Good on for you looking after your family. It must be a difficult time for them.

3) I understand.

4) Go to the university and speak with the student advisors regarding finance. They'll be able to tell you the most appropriate way of proceeding and the best way to finance the whole thing.

Hope this helps.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.