Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Body building... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    imasillynarb does know some of his stuff, but I must say that he is extremely sure of his own opinion - regardless of whether it is right or wrong.

I'm more than happy to answer any gym questions.
    Ok can u tell me one more time how to wrok out, with " thinking ur so much better then me" lIKE SOME OTHER DHIT HEADS ON HERE?!?!

THNX>>>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    No disrespect, but here are a couple of examples in your recent post:

Regarding the increase of weight for every session - ideally, the intensity should increase, but that's what you implied. Increasing the weight at too fast a rate would cause the lifter to lift for very few reps, which would not be that productive and would also affect form, which could be dangerous.

Regarding two sets - if you have the time, go for more sets. Three or four are fine, not more. If you take the analogy that multiple sets work more muscle fibres to failure, then doing more is more productive. Novices will find multiple sets beneficial in that they have greater opportunity to develop good form. There is great controversy over multiple sets. Of course, one shouldn't overtrain.
    OK, that should of read 12 reps for a start. And I just said exactly what you did? I said that increasing the weight every session is your aim, but sometimes you can drop too many reps, and therefore you should concentrate on getting the reps back up to a reasonable amount before increasing the weight again? Two sets PER exercise is the perfect amount(excluding warmup sets of course). Obviously you can then do a different exercise working the same muscle group, and do another 2 sets. This is pretty much standard protocol when it comes to training. If you can lift the same weight for 4 sets then its not going to be doing much good. End of story.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    The Soreness of shame, i would say!
    Shame? By all means go ahead and lift your 7kg dumbells everyday, good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    Ok can u tell me one more time how to wrok out, with " thinking ur so much better then me" lIKE SOME OTHER DHIT HEADS ON HERE?!?!

THNX>>>
    'How do I work out?' is too general a question. Simple less-open questions are easier to answer; be more specific.

I recommend reading as much as you can - books and websites - to gain as much info as possible. You will certainly find that different sources conflict with one another. Be sensible, try new things and see what works for you. Bear in mind that novices will initially make significant gains with almost any routine under the sun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Shame? By all means go ahead and lift your 7kg dumbells everyday, good luck.
    This this the exact **** im talking about, i asked a god damn question coz i didnt know, and i wasnt claiming to be the GOD og body building LIKE SOME OF US HERE! And what do i get, ****!!

Besdies what are you still doin here on this thread, thought you had ran out of time or smthn like that>

ReputationRep:
    Surely if you want to maintain a toned body, 50kg benchpresses are enough?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Surely if you want to maintain a toned body, 50kg benchpresses are enough?

OH NO!! YOU ASKED A QUESTION:

OFF WITH HIS HEAD MEN, :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KOH)
    This this the exact **** im talking about, i asked a god damn question coz i didnt know, and i wasnt claiming to be the GOD og body building LIKE SOME OF US HERE! And what do i get, ****!!

Besdies what are you still doin here on this thread, thought you had ran out of time or smthn like that>
    I might be losing track, but I think I said exactly how to train in order to gain muscle earlier in the thread, or on another recent similar threads...?

ReputationRep:
    What's the difference between a benchpress of 50 - 60 kg and a pressup?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Golden Maverick)
    What's the difference between a benchpress of 50 - 60 kg and a pressup?
    Pressup is more like an incline benchpress, and obviously with only your bodyweight invovled

ReputationRep:
    Pressup is more like an incline benchpress, and obviously with only your bodyweight invovled
    Is it beneficial to change hand position if doing pressups? Does this effect the way you excercise the muscle?

ReputationRep:
    Is it beneficial to change hand position if doing pressups? Does this effect the way you excercise the muscle?
    Its like a decline benchpress sorry, how do you mean changing hand position? Moving them closer together will exercise the inner chest and triceps more, further apart puts more emphasis on the chest/outer chest. Whether its beneficial depends on which muscles you want to work surely?

ReputationRep:
    Its like a decline benchpress sorry, how do you mean changing hand position? Moving them closer together will exercise the inner chest and triceps more, further apart puts more emphasis on the chest/outer chest. Whether its beneficial depends on which muscles you want to work surely?
    I mean in terms of in front of or behind the shoulder position.

ReputationRep:
    I mean in terms of in front of or behind the shoulder position.
    Moving them in front of the shoulders will work more like an incline, moving them behind will work more like a decline benchpress..

ReputationRep:
    Moving them in front of the shoulders will work more like an incline, moving them behind will work more like a decline benchpress..
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    also raising your hands on bench for example stresses the lower part of your chest raising, raising your feet on a swiss ball or a chair will stress your upper chest.

erm, im stuk on 80kg at the mo, but im on a cut so im not too bothered, my squat is 140kg but again im on a cut.

i cant believe you dont do bench, is there a problem with getting a spot or sumfin narb?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, i did what u said, but one more thing, How often do i work out?

ReputationRep:
    Ideally you should try and exercise one or two major muscle groups a day. Then it is essential that you give that muscle group some time to recover (2-3 days should be enough for full recovery). Meanwhile you could work on other muscle groups. Oh yeah - don't forget to do cardio exercises too (eg jogging, swimming, cycling etc. - they would reduce your body fat, thereby making your abs more prominent.

Final piece of advice - a killer biscep exercise: use a 45 degree bench for arms. Put your elbows on it and do the curls. The bench will isolate your back muscles and your forearms, so you would be working out just bisceps on their own. Try it!

ReputationRep:

In fact only you lift only a part of your body weight when you do press-ups, because another part of your weight is supported by your feet

ReputationRep:
    I dont remember who adivesd it, but i signed up in a gym, and im working my Ass off, ? Instructors orders!> but every muscle in my body hurts like hell! Is this Normal, am i pushing ma self too hard? And this is what i fear:

My muscles are hurting coz im pushing them to thier limits right? and thats how the grow! So after a while my muslce will have grown and no longer get hurt from the workout? So i go to a heavier mass, so my muscles start Hurting again! So is it an Infintie circle? Will they always hurt while im woring out?? And, does the Hot Steem Room "Sowna" Help with this pain?

Thanks,
    _KOH_

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.