The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I dont really know what you should do as far as maintenance is concerned, Ive just been building since day one. Eventually Im gonna wanna stop growing though, should be fun as I dunno what to do to stop! :smile:
Reply 121
Sire
It was an illustration you tit, and a quite valid one at that.
Cant you just play along with the joke you tit.
Reply 122
SHANDY
Cant you just play along with the joke you tit.

As you wish.
Reply 123
Sire
As you wish.
Theres no point now. Jokes over.
SHANDY
Muscles cant think.

Er... no sh*t sherlock!
sounds fine to me narb... just dont want the poor guy to come back on here with a post... "oh shit i look like a coat hanger" in 6 months!
Reply 126
I have been working out for a month now, and my left shoulder hurts like hell!! :frown: like when i rotate it it makes a sound and herts!

Is that Normal?
Reply 127
KOH
I have been working out for a month now, and my left shoulder hurts like hell!! :frown: like when i rotate it it makes a sound and herts!

Is that Normal?

I was only ever sore the day after I first worked out, though sometimes my wrists seem to go a bit dodgy. It makes me feel like I can't be working hard enough, yet I increase the weight till I'm struggling by half a dozen reps on the final set each time so I don't think it can be that. Maybe I'm just starting to recover faster, I dunno, anyone?
Reply 128
KOH

Is that Normal?

I had that exact same problem when I started. Even after a few years, it still clicks, and does hurt occasionaly. I thought it might be something to do with genetics, if you're lanky then heavy weighst might put a lot fo stress on your joints or something. But I probably think it was bad form; I think I went in too heavy, too early, and ended up cheating on the excercises (swinging the weights, and using other bodyparts etc)
Can anyone help me? I play a lot of football, and I mean a lot. So I'm really fit and have a lot of stamina, and have therefore never joined a gym or anything because I just wouldn't get any use out of the cardio equipment.

I'm not really bothered about my body in terms off appearance, and certainly not in terms of proper bodybuilding, but I could really do with gaining quite a bit of upper body strength. So would joining any sort of fitness club be worth it, considering I wouldn't use the cardio equip. or the 'heavy duty' strength stuff?

Thanks.
Reply 130
goldenbarnes
Can anyone help me? I play a lot of football, and I mean a lot. So I'm really fit and have a lot of stamina, and have therefore never joined a gym or anything because I just wouldn't get any use out of the cardio equipment.

I'm not really bothered about my body in terms off appearance, and certainly not in terms of proper bodybuilding, but I could really do with gaining quite a bit of upper body strength. So would joining any sort of fitness club be worth it, considering I wouldn't use the cardio equip. or the 'heavy duty' strength stuff?

Thanks.

Just get some dumbells and do it at home, far cheaper.
No that is not normal KOH... take a lay off for a couple of weeks, check your form, check your diet, shoulder injuries can ruin months of hard work and they dont go away if you carry on training.
Reply 132
Mad_Monkey59
sounds fine to me narb... just dont want the poor guy to come back on here with a post... "oh shit i look like a coat hanger" in 6 months!

lol true
Mad_Monkey59
No that is not normal KOH... take a lay off for a couple of weeks, check your form, check your diet, shoulder injuries can ruin months of hard work and they dont go away if you carry on training.

My shoulder injury has ruined years of hard work.
Reply 134
:frown:
hornblower
My shoulder injury has ruined years of hard work.

Explain more plz. i mean its only in da left shoulder, and only acts up when im working out.....gets better soon afterwards, but is it really that serious?!
Reply 135
KOH
:frown:

Explain more plz. i mean its only in da left shoulder, and only acts up when im working out.....gets better soon afterwards, but is it really that serious?!

Probably means youre using badform.

What exercise/movement are you doing?
KOH... shoulders don't naturally hurt when you train, or when you rotate them. As such it is almost certain you have an injury in your rotator cuff. Also the fact that it is in one shoulder rather then both says to me that you have used bad form in an exercise.

Ultimatley it is up to you if you carry on training through the injury, if it is sufferable, it doesn't get any worse during or in between your sessions then I see no reason why you can't grin and bare it if you want to.

I don't recommend it however, take a lay off, if it isn't better when you return see a doctor... do you really want to still be putting up with this niggle three years down the line?

Latest

Trending

Trending