Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is Manchester, Leicester or Nottingham a better and more fun city ? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    That just made my day! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by acupofgreentea)
    I haven't been to Leicester, Bedford or Nottingham (have passed Nott on the coach, though - seemed alright, I guess :laugh:), but Manchester is one of my favourite cities and I couldn't reccomend it enough!

Seriously - it has all the perks of London without the ridiculous cost of living! It has an amazing nightlife and, in terms of learning, it has some great museums, too!

Also, you're a forty minute train ride away from Liverpool and Liverpool's great. Not that I'm biased or anything.
    So much cheaper than London deffo and its similar ive been to manchester a few times but never got to explore it fully I personally love it there from what ive seen !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danny McCoyne)
    There's nothing wrong with Asians or Muslims. I don't know why you would say that.
    Exactly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nightwing_)
    Manchester. DEFINITELY Manchester. Although true that Manchester may have more crime in areas than Nottingham, having had a lot of nights out in both Manchester and Nottingham, I've seen WAY less trouble in Manchester. I assume because it is more spread out it is easier to get areas where similar people hang out, whereas in Nottingham everyone is kind of piled on top of each other! Nottingham has shops, don't get me wrong, but it's not got anywhere near the level Manchester does. Also Manchester is much more accessible, It might not seem it but Nottingham is a bit of a b**** to get to on the train, which tens to be the main way to get around for students.

I don't really know a lot about Leicester, but my sister lives there and doesn't speak particularly highly of it, so she is currently trying to move to..............Manchester coincidentally.

Although obviously I have no idea about your course. To be honest, a city is only part of the uni experience and students can have a great time in places like St. Andrews. So I probably wouldn't dwell on it too much. If the course is right I'm sure any of those cities would be fun enough.
    Yeah thats true bit then again all cities have crimes etc and I agree i think Manchester is better as there seems like theres alot to do compared to the other cities I dont really like london because 1. Its so expensive 2. Its hard to get to places without a car or taking public transport so Manchester is similar in the sense that theres places to go. Im going to be taking Psychology should be good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neurosci)
    Manchester is the best of the three IMO, plenty to do, a good mix of people, not snobby and everyone is really friendly and up for a laugh.

Leicester is abit run down but the people are all really nice and friendly and they do the best currys going.

IMo Nottingham is a shithole and I would never go there but some people rave about it. Campus is really really nice for the most part but I find the city quite hostile and have heard some really shocking stories about it.
    Thanks! Ive been to manchester a few time and the other 2 once but didnt have the chance to explore fully however from what i saw of nottingham it didnt look that great so considering manny now!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.