Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently looking at three universities (for the future xD): Manchester, Edinburgh and Bristol. I'm planning on studying medicine and I have a question on the interviews. I know Edinburgh doesn't do interviews but for Manchester and Bristol, since I am an international student, if I get invited for an interview will I have to fly over to the UK or is there some alternate way? Thanks guys

ReputationRep:
    Some medical schools will have overseas interviews, usually they're in East Asia and mainly Singapore or Malaysia from what I remember. The best way to know would be looking at their websites as it will usually say, if not then contact them and see. If you have to fly over to the UK they'll usually be a bit more lenient with your interview dates so if you have a few interviews you can do them in the space of one trip, and it'll give you a better chance to look around the university.

ReputationRep:
    ahhh I see, thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Better ask the unis directly.
    During my time, my uni still did interviews in Malaysia, Singapore etc but now they switched it over to just uk interviews,
    Tbh, medicine is so competitive nowadays and sometimes putting an extra effort to go there for interviews might help improve your chances.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jckc123)
    Better ask the unis directly.
    During my time, my uni still did interviews in Malaysia, Singapore etc but now they switched it over to just uk interviews,
    Tbh, medicine is so competitive nowadays and sometimes putting an extra effort to go there for interviews might help improve your chances.
    Well might as well if there's a chance it might improve my chances

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachellyh)
    Well might as well if there's a chance it might improve my chances
    my junior did that and my uni was her only offer. So, all's well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jckc123)
    my junior did that and my uni was her only offer. So, all's well.
    if you don't mind me asking what university was it? trying to find a fourth university

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.