Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello there. I'm in my first year of A levels and I am interested in applying to Royal Holloway University. I want to have a look around the Universit, but don't really want to book a tour, i just want to look around on my own.

Is it possible for me to enter the University and walk around outside (not going inside to the classes) or do I need an ID card?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by new223)
    Hello there. I'm in my first year of A levels and I am interested in applying to Royal Holloway University. I want to have a look around the Universit, but don't really want to book a tour, i just want to look around on my own.

Is it possible for me to enter the University and walk around outside (not going inside to the classes) or do I need an ID card?
    It is possible, you should be allowed to go there for free over the weekends, but you should just call them to double check.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by new223)

Hey there,

You would of course be welcome to visit us outside of a campus tour.

If you do just want to wander around, I would suggest signing up for one of our self-led campus tours. These tours can be taken at any time, and enable you to explore our campus independently, with the help of our self-guided tour booklet, which provides general information about living and studying at Royal Holloway. This would be helpful in letting you know what is on offer so that you can decide where to go and what to explore. You can register for this here. Booking through this system would also allow for us to book you a parking permit for your visit so that you are able to park on campus.

Let me know if you have any further questions

Camilla

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.