Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How can I improve my body? (picture) Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richpanda)
    Just lol at your life.

You know full well that you have an okayish body, yet you want attention so you ask TSR, which is mainly made up of sexually deprived males who worship anything above a 3.5673/10.
    I asked for advice on how to better myself I don't see how that is in the slightest wanting attention? Pretty sure if I was wearing a tshirt and not a sports bra you wouldn't say this - its a stomach, get over it you misogynist.

ReputationRep:
    It doesn't matter what people think of your body. It's what you think. If you're comfortable with your body then nobody's opinion should matter!

ReputationRep:
    Sweetie you look gorgeous. If you want to tone up, try plates or rowing. They are both fab for your core muscles.
    I used to suffer from an ED, and I'd say I feel the same about myself a bit. I've started eating normally (for me anyway) again and have really thrown myself into exercise. Now my weight is muscle (mostly).
    You look fabulous hon. As long as you are a healthy weight and relatively happy with your body, that us what matters.

ReputationRep:
    Your bodyfat levels appear to be good, lifting some heavy(ish) weights to put some shape on you would make your body look stunning I reckon.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parkerpenny)
    I love the way that the original post has now been EDITED and picture has changed.
    No it hasn't?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parkerpenny)
    I love the way that the original post has now been EDITED and picture has changed.
    (Original post by Andy98)
    No it hasn't?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah looks like the same picture to me!

ReputationRep:
    You have a good figure, if you want to tone, do homework outs like pushups, or situps or you could join a gym and do weight training to tone up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richpanda)
    okay.jpg

here's my critique:
    nice legs
    nice toned stomach
    could do with a fair bit of chest work
    get wider hips and/or a smaller waist
    Toned? She isn't even slightly toned, she's just skinny.

ReputationRep:
    Don't lose any more weight. Honestly, I'd suggest gaining a bit of weight
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indigochild)
    I feel really uncomfortable in my own skin at the moment; to be honest I feel kinda chubby (I used to suffer from anorexia so a healthy weight feels strange to me still). I currently weigh 48kg/106lbs at 5'3.5" or 161.5cm. Part of me kinda wants to get down to 100lbs but then the other half of me wants to just be this weight and tone up ahaahh I'm just confused and would like a strangers honest opinion about what I should do regarding becoming happier in my body. Please don't try and sexualise this post. Thank you
    Firstly, asking for strangers opinions can be really damaging to self esteem, because you get those troll users that will make you feel like bull**** about how you look.
    Secondly, I am a recently recovered anorexic, but seeking help. And although it may seem strange at first, being a healthy weight, but you will adjust in time. At the moment I am 136lb at 6"1. I personally would say that you should do what feels right for you

ReputationRep:
    You have the perfect body!

ReputationRep:
    I feel really uncomfortable in my own skin at the moment; to be honest I feel kinda chubby (I used to suffer from anorexia so a healthy weight feels strange to me still). I currently weigh 48kg/106lbs at 5'3.5" or 161.5cm. Part of me kinda wants to get down to 100lbs but then the other half of me wants to just be this weight and tone up ahaahh I'm just confused and would like a strangers honest opinion about what I should do regarding becoming happier in my body. Please don't try and sexualise this post. Thank you
    So anyway. You wanted constructive criticism so here is mine....You do indeed have a lovely figure in my opinion. I too am very slim but naturally. I do not have to worry about what I eat, i realised this some time ago. I hope that you too soon come to this realisation.It must be awful for you to be so conscious about weight, like a prisoner. In my opinion only i think some CBT would really help you to discover the true cognitive truth regarding why you feel the need for this weight control, and what you think it says about you. I have moved on to control my environment, which is productive, yet exhausting! You look like a very well presented young lady. Recovery is hard - its retraining your brain. You will discover that there are far more pressing events in your life to come, that you will relish and controlling your weight so drastically / worrying about perceived weight by others will become immaterial. Why worry for what others may think? Embrace being YOU and be happy! Dont give a damn what others think of your weight / clothes / make up. But what do i know - im just an old fart!Good luck to you hunny x Sorry if i upset you in earlier posts; yet if you post any kind of skin online you will get drooling letches or *****y comments x
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Constructive advice

- It's your eating disorder telling you, you're chubby. You're really not, if you have a counsellor, or someone else to tell this too that'd be great as there's no-one here that I can verify is qualified to give any advice on it.
    - Putting on a bit more weight, so you're a bit more in the healthy range would also be a good thing; you've put on 2 stone so far, so keep going as you are diet wise.

If you feel your ED is coming back stronger, you should get help.

For future reference; making such a photo as your profile pic was always going to generate a lot of hate; which I've removed. I would advise against doing it.

indigochild

ReputationRep:
    That's a lot of posts removed from one thread
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    That's a lot of posts removed from one thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    Is it really necessary? and to give a card?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Is it really necessary? and to give a card?
    Didn't see what was wrong with mine tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You look fine and healthy. Try taking up a sport or joining couple gym spin classes or whatever you fancy.

I was in the same boat 5'9 at 48kg so I understand your perspective.
    I would say mid 50kg bracket seems healthy but its completely down to you how you perceive yourself in the mirror everyday not what the scale says to you.

Whatever you do remember: Adherence + Diet + Time = King.

What would you say? @WoodyMKC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andy98)
    Didn't see what was wrong with mine tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Trigger happy mods.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSR Mustafa)
    Trigger happy mods.
    Indeed

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.