This discussion is closed.
Llamas
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I've just come out of P5 and thought it was a horrible paper (compared to last year's anyway). The first six questions were fine, but I got into a real mess on the last two. How did everyone else find it?

edit: You can now find a copy of the paper on page 3!
kriztinae
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Llamas)
I've just come out of P5 and thought it was a horrible paper (compared to last year's anyway). The first six questions were fine, but I got into a real mess on the last two. How did everyone else find it?
hey i did it
the first 4 questions were fine, the reduction formulae was a bit of a mess, intrinsic coordinates?what are they! didnt even bother attempting that one!
number 7 was ok, i think i got the right answer and if not my method was all corect.
number 8a) was piss easy the rest was whaT?
beauford
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I thought it was all fairly easy to be honest, some bits were a bit technical but nothing too hard, i think i got them all right...
kriztinae
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by beauford)
I thought it was all fairly easy to be honest, some bits were a bit technical but nothing too hard, i think i got them all right...
it wasnt too hard no, but parts of it got messy
some parts where just... hmm how do u put it? well they looked pretty, a nice white clean page!
beauford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kriztinae)
it wasnt too hard no, but parts of it got messy
some parts where just... hmm how do u put it? well they looked pretty, a nice white clean page!
It was just a little fiddley at times i think...
kriztinae
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
It was just a little fiddley at times i think...
yeah, question 7, that got really mess, but i think i got the right answer
did u find the coordinats of Q? for question 8
beauford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by kriztinae)
yeah, question 7, that got really mess, but i think i got the right answer
did u find the coordinats of Q? for question 8
I made q. 7 to be 6a and 12a^2pi/5 and for q. 8, the coordinates were (-c/t^3,-ct^3) i think.
kriztinae
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I made q. 7 to be 6a and 12a^2pi/5 and for q. 8, the coordinates were (-c/t^3,-ct^3) i think.
quetions 7 looks good
Q 8 i attempted that part but didnt get it so i guess urs is right
chetan
Report 15 years ago
evry1 i knw seems 2 fink it was ***** hard n evry1 got diff answers for evrythin :mad:
Llamas
Rep:
?
on 7 I ended up with INT(root(Sin^6[x] - Sin^4[x] + Cos^6[x] - Cos^4[x]))dx

I figured I was on the right track but time wasn't looking so good I moved on to 8 because I was usually good at that kind of question. The first part of 8 was easy, then I made a stupid error on the second part and that was the mess which consumed my remaining time. Overall I think the problem with that paper wasn't so much it's difficulty (although I think it was definitely harder than the June 2003 paper) but that the questions were fairly long. Maybe an extra 30 mins and I would've finished it all ^_^
janetjanet
Report 15 years ago
hi,I got the radian of curveture like 25/9 root 3 ,something,did anyway get that???
beauford
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by janetjanet)
hi,I got the radian of curveture like 25/9 root 3 ,something,did anyway get that???
as long as you mean root 2 i got that (i put it as -25/9 root(2) actually, don't think it matters)
janetjanet
Report 15 years ago
as long as you mean root 2 i got that (i put it as -25/9 root(2) actually, don't think it matters)
yes,thanks.it was 2 ,I think....
haha////so happy....
janetjanet
Report 15 years ago
i did not get the last part of q 8,it was only 2 marks though..
what do people think the boundry would be???
Llamas
Rep:
?
(Original post by janetjanet)
I think that question went something like this:

t= ln3

x = Cosh(t) - t

dx = Sinh(t) - 1
d2x = Cosh(t)

y = Cosh(t) + t

dy = Sinh(t) + 1
d2y = Cosh(t)

dx = 1/3
d2x = 5/3

dy = 7/3
d2y = 5/3

Radius of Curvature = (dx^2 + dy^2)^3/2 / (dx*d2y - dy*d2x)

= (1/9 + 49/9)^(3/2) / (5/9 - 35/9)
= (50/9)^(3/2) / (-30/9)
= (50^(3/2) / 27) / (-30/9)

= -(50^(3/2) / 90)

I think that's right, anyway.
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
cor i found that so hard its unreal. intrinsic co-ordinates?!?! help! lol. 8(a) was easy but the rest was a joke. i got 6a as well for the length but i just didnt have time to do the surface area of revolution. i filled up 18 sides of working, cant be a good sign.
kriztinae
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by olliemccowan)
cor i found that so hard its unreal. intrinsic co-ordinates?!?! help! lol. 8(a) was easy but the rest was a joke. i got 6a as well for the length but i just didnt have time to do the surface area of revolution. i filled up 18 sides of working, cant be a good sign.
intrinsic was a joke! i didnt get any of it in the end
8a) was easy the rest a joke? yes!
i like you!
infekt
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by olliemccowan)
ok ...igot 6a(sin^2a) .... ... and 24pi(a^2)(u^5 / 5)

u was either cos or sine ... cantremember ...

im totally****ed ... i got eveything rite till q 6 ... then itwas a massacre
username9303
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yer ur rite - everything was going so well until i hit the last 3 questions and then my life got shattered lol. the woman in the exam was lookin at me very funny when after finishin the 16 page answer booklet i asked for "lots more sheets of paper please".

:mad: so annoyed wiv that paper. Anyone who says that it was easy shud be hung, drawn and quartered for lying.
qqqwwweee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I got the same too!
So i think you are right
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (125)
46.99%
Take exams next summer (37)
13.91%
Change uni choice through clearing (68)
25.56%
Apply to uni next year instead (24)
9.02%
I'm not applying to university (12)
4.51%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise