Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an interview tomorrow, this will be my first interview (ever), so does anybody have any advice for interviews particularly for primary education courses? What sort of questions will I be asked? but importantly What should I wear?

ReputationRep:
    Hi what uni are you applying for?
    Be open and talkative, your going to be a teacher one day so your gonna have to meet and talk to new people all the time. Try to laugh and don't show your nerves.
    When I had my interview last year I wore a dress but many people wore leggings with a nice top. Try to style your outfit on what teachers wear on a daily basis so cardigans or long tops. Don't under any circumstances wear jeans or leather jackets (just a warning).
    As for questions I got asked how would you maintain a good relationship with the cleaner?
    How would you decorate your classroom?
    How would you manage behavior?
    What would you do while on placemement ans you were being bullied by staff?
    Try to read something to do with education in the news right now as they could ask you to discuss a constroversial topic in the news, you could talk about safeguarding or discuss religion and racism in schools.Good luck let me know how it go's.

ReputationRep:
    roehampton,kingston uni,Greenwich,middlesex and St marys twickenham

this might be a stupid question but can i wear boots to the interview but look casual and smart as it now winter

ReputationRep:
    Since you and I are both unsure, if I were you I would play it safe.

I have an interview in St. Mary's tomorrow. Do you have it too?

ReputationRep:
    no

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame, we could've seen each other in the interview. By the way where do you have your interview?

ReputationRep:
    Roehampton today

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.