Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Which popular Song do you hate right now Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Right now I hate "just give me reason", I mean it's so old and I still hear people singing it

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Anything by Ellie Goulding nowadays. Was good to start off now just crap.

With the exception of 'Love Me Like You Do".
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    All My Friends and You Don't Own me are the first ones that spring to mind. Absolute cringe.

ReputationRep:
    is "cheerleader" still popular? that song drives me insane ffs

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean by Justin beiber.
    Actually, anything by Justin beiber is complete s**t.

ReputationRep:
    All of them, tbh

ReputationRep:
    Olly Murs - Kiss Me

From the sounds of it, the girl doesn't want to kiss him but he keeps pestering and harassing her until she does..

Stupid song with stupid message
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I dont follow the ''western'' music chart (as in UK and America) i only follow the kpop chart and tbh sometimes the fandoms overhype a certain song and it puts me off too.

ReputationRep:
    Sax by Fleur East.... so annoying.

(Original post by SeanFM)
    All My Friends and You Don't Own me are the first ones that spring to mind. Absolute cringe.
    same haha
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    What do you mean by Justin beiber.
    Actually, anything by Justin beiber is complete s**t.
    :naughty:

Sorry and Love Yourself are tunes.

ReputationRep:
    OOO noooo ....
    Spoiler:
    Show
    da 60's one is awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Spoiler:
    Show
    seanie , your head okay today buddy ?
    heheheheheh.......How's things my lovely ? xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chantalc)
    Sax by Fleur East.... so annoying.
    Sounds too much like Uptown Funk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackdiamond97)
    Sounds too much like Uptown Funk
    yasss ikr

ReputationRep:
    Anything one direction like history Justin bieber love yourself

ReputationRep:
    I never listen to the charts....

ReputationRep:
    :naughty:

Sorry and Love Yourself are tunes.
    No they aren't.
    And Justin beiber himself needs a good punch.

ReputationRep:
    Love yourself by Justin Bieber. Don't like it at all.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iqra2159)
    Which popular Song do you hate right now?
    Right now I hate "just give me reason", I mean it's so old and I still hear people singing it
    Everything.

Just everything.

Especially when it's mainstream.

The biggest thing going against pop (and this pertains to today's rap as well), there's ZEROsatisfaction. When I finish listening to System of a Down, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, I am indulged in the hard work and creativity that was put forth to make that song.
    It's a team effort.
    The singer, the guitarist(s), bassist, drummer all have to put forth the effort or the product suffers.
    In pop (and rap), it's the same recycled beat and topic. There's nothing to be indulged by. A lot of the time, the singer is autotuned to the point where you can barely make their normal voice out. There's little to no instruments and no creativity. Proper musicians experiment - good bands make songs showcasing the musicians' abilities and expressing creatively and experimentally with music.

Honestly, it's like the music industry has stopped trying to create GOOD music and has decided that instead of giving a quality product to it's consumer, "we're gonna recycle the same redundant sh*t. People will listen regardless, so it's less work for us!"

So, it's partially the people's fault. Instead of being an individual and developing a taste in music that is unique, they fell into the crowd that was following the generic blandness of today's pop industry. They have decided to not try to find decent music and simply settle for what's "in". That is a sad existence. Not to mention that a lot of the youth today have a incredibly short attention span, so they lack the patience to find a GOOD song/group and just want a catchy beat to party to. Just flat out pathetic.

I feel deeply ashamed to be part of a generation that thinks Rihanna, Olly Murs, Lil Wayne or Taylor Swift are the leading, most influential artists and shining beacons of the music world.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goaded)
    I never listen to the charts....
    The charts generally just shows the power of stupid people in large groups. That's why people listened to the Old Grey Whistle Test instead of Top of the Pops.

Juuuust saying...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.