Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    For anyone who has sat law exams, or is familiar with the marking system.

I sat my contract law exam yesterday, in the exam I think I did really well, I covered every area of the law questioned and think I did really well, however when I got home I looked over the cases I used in the exam and out of the 15 cases I used, for 3 of the legal points I got the case names wrong, would this have a huge effect on my result? Like enough to bring it down from a 1st to a 2:1?

First year law student, first set of exams I've sat, so I'm not too sure about the marking!

Any help would be appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    It probably depends on how egregious the errors were, but if it's clear which cases you were talking about, and you got the principles right, it won't necessarily be a huge deal.

Honestly, from experience, it doesn't help to second guess markers. You've identified an area in which you could have done better. Learn from it and move on. Your result will be what it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TimmonaPortella)
    It probably depends on how egregious the errors were, but if it's clear which cases you were talking about, and you got the principles right, it won't necessarily be a huge deal.

Honestly, from experience, it doesn't help to second guess markers. You've identified an area in which you could have done better. Learn from it and move on. Your result will be what it is.
    They weren't huge errors, they were secondary cases I used to back up my point already made through another case, when I tried to remember every single case for all the units they all start merging into one and other!

Thanks for the advice!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.