Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

OCR P2 Exam - How did you guys do? watch

ReputationRep:
    I found it all pretty easy, I didnt get the very last question done but that was it. How'd you do? Anyone know the grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    found it quite easy but some parts were difficult

what answers did u guys get e.g for the coefficient of y^3

ReputationRep:
    I found it relatively okay

I couldnt prove that theta = whatever it said to 4 dp so lost 3 marks there and for the last bit only managed to get as far as a^3 - a^2 = 49 then didnt know what to do ... dont even know if i was meant to get that, o well!

Did anyone get 1/21 pi for the rates one? the one where you have h=10

anyone know what the UMS thingy will be? what was it last year?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tara b)
    found it quite easy but some parts were difficult

what answers did u guys get e.g for the coefficient of y^3

hmmm let me see... cant remember, 4 digits

ReputationRep:
    these are some of my ans:
    volume of revolution = 37.5 pi
    coeffiecient of y^3 = 1134
    range of f(-1)x = y>2
    rate of water depth when h=10 i got 0.0476 cm per minute
    i had no adea for the very last part (6 marks lost there :mad: )

ReputationRep:
    these are some of my ans:
    volume of revolution = 37.5 pi
    range of f(-1)x = y>2
    rate of water depth when h=10 i got 0.0476 cm per minute
    i had no adea for the very last part (6 marks lost there :mad: )
    for the integration thing (not the 1st question, i htink it was the 1st part of the volume of rev qu) = 42.5 pi (cant remember 2nd bit but urs sounds right)
    range of f(-1)x = y>2
    rate of water depth when h=10 i got 1/21 (which is 0.0476 so the same but cant remember if they asked for exact number)

ReputationRep:
    does any1 have previous years examiners reports for ocr p2 to know how many marks out of 60 r usulally needed for 80 ums for this module

for arithmetic sequences ques i think i got a=8 d=1.5
    for ques 2 where it said the smallest integer for n i got n=155

surprisingly no trapezium rules or modulus questions

ReputationRep:
    does any1 have previous years examiners reports for ocr p2 to know how many marks out of 60 r usulally needed for 80 ums for this module

for arithmetic sequences ques i think i got a=8 d=1.5
    for ques 2 where it said the smallest integer for n i got n=155

surprisingly no trapezium rules or modulus questions
    Those are right.

ReputationRep:
    Nice easy paper. Thoug I got the wrong answer of rhe related rates of change I managed to differentiate the V wrt h but didn't know what to do aftwerwards. lol.

ReputationRep:
    ∫ ² ³ ± ÷ ° √ ∂ ∞ ≈ ≠ ≡ ≥ ≤ ø Ø ½ ¼ « » µ π

Question eight:

f(x) = {ln[(x-a)/2]}/3
    Given that f(a³)-f(a²) = ln5/3 find the value of a.

{ln[(a³-a)/2]}/3 - {ln[(a²-a)/2]}/3 = ln5/3 Times everything by 3 to get:

ln(a³-a) - ln(a²-a) = 3ln5/3
    ln(a³-a/a²-a) = 3ln5/3

a³-a/a²-a = a(a-1)(a+1)/a(a-1) therefore you are just left with the (a+1)

ln(a+1) = 3ln5/3 then just solve.
    a+1 = 125/27
    a = 3r17r27.

I wish I hadn't made a silly mistake in the exam, I multiplied everything by 3 and didn't realise that ln5/3 times 3 is not ln5, lol. Oh bugger, and I got a nice integer answer doing it my way. lol. Oh well.

Emma - The pheta thing was "pi/2 - 2tan^-1(1/2)" did you have your calculator in radians?

Overall I think I am in the 90% region. Just hope S2 on wednesday is just as nice.

ReputationRep:
    i thought p2 was ok, can ne one remeber what the qs was for the smallest n and finding the integer? cos, i cnt rember what i put but if i c the qs i mite be able to work it out.
    i cudnt do the last qs ( 6 mark one), otherwise i think it was orite

ReputationRep:
    oh yehhh.... has ne one got all the answers?

ReputationRep:

3) 7^2n>e^600 I got n to be 155 (as its the smallest integer value).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)

Question eight:

f(x) = {ln[(x-a)/2]}/3
    Given that f(a³)-f(a²) = ln5/3 find the value of a.

{ln[(a³-a)/2]}/3 - {ln[(a²-a)/2]}/3 = ln5/3 Times everything by 3 to get:

ln(a³-a) - ln(a²-a) = 3ln5/3
    ln(a³-a/a²-a) = 3ln5/3

a³-a/a²-a = a(a-1)(a+1)/a(a-1) therefore you are just left with the (a+1)

ln(a+1) = 3ln5/3 then just solve.
    a+1 = 125/27
    a = 3r17r27.

I wish I hadn't made a silly mistake in the exam, I multiplied everything by 3 and didn't realise that ln5/3 times 3 is not ln5, lol. Oh bugger, and I got a nice integer answer doing it my way. lol. Oh well.

Emma - The pheta thing was "pi/2 - 2tan^-1(1/2)" did you have your calculator in radians?

Overall I think I am in the 90% region. Just hope S2 on wednesday is just as nice.
    aghhh thats so annoying! i totally forgot how to divide (a^3-a)/(a^2-a) .... aghhhh now it seems so obvious! o well - hopefully ill get a few method marks

yea my calc was in radians - i just didnt get how to get to the tan thing??

Hopefully ill get 90%ish too ... and if i do okay in S2 i might be able to keep my A which I had decided was a lost cause after P3 hehe

ReputationRep:

3) 7^2n>e^600 I got n to be 155 (as its the smallest integer value).
    me too

ReputationRep:
    can someone confirm that the coefficient of y^3 was 1134 in the expansion (other ppl from my class got 945?!?)

also how many marks /60 do u guys think we'll need for 80 ums?

ReputationRep:
    i thought it was ok, but made loads of stupid mistakes and was having an off-day (does anyone know what i mean, when you just can't do stuff?) so i probably screwed it up. nice paper tho, just me being blonde. they had to be nice to make up for P3

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emma_)
    aghhh thats so annoying! i totally forgot how to divide (a^3-a)/(a^2-a) .... aghhhh now it seems so obvious! o well - hopefully ill get a few method marks

yea my calc was in radians - i just didnt get how to get to the tan thing??

Hopefully ill get 90%ish too ... and if i do okay in S2 i might be able to keep my A which I had decided was a lost cause after P3 hehe
    Did you understand the my working out? For the radians? lol, at first I skipped that bloody question, as I tend to panic in when I can't do something. I need 84/100 to get an A overall in Maths. But I have an S2 resit which I only got 60/100 for, so hopefully I should also gain quite a few marks in that. lol.

(Original post by lou p lou)
    i thought it was ok, but made loads of stupid mistakes and was having an off-day (does anyone know what i mean, when you just can't do stuff?) so i probably screwed it up. nice paper tho, just me being blonde. they had to be nice to make up for P3

Yeah, I know what you mean, I felt like that, when I was doing P3, I just couldn't apply my maths skills, having said that I know for definite I have at least 33/60 marks.

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou p lou)

lou xxx
    i so know what you mean about 'off' days. I used to get them so bad in art. And an off day in art makes ur work look sooooo bad!

I make so many stupid mistakes in maths too... like irritatingly stupid ones like copying things down wrong...

I was scarred they were just gonna be horrible this year and do a horrible P2 paper as well. phew... then again theres still S2 to go... i hope theyre nice, i need a good A for S2 to keep my A

ReputationRep:
    Did you understand the my working out? For the radians? lol, at first I skipped that bloody question, as I tend to panic in when I can't do something. I need 84/100 to get an A overall in Maths. But I have an S2 resit which I only got 60/100 for, so hopefully I should also gain quite a few marks in that. lol.
    no... i dont get it i think im just blanking, how the hell did you suddenly get tan? in fact dont tell me... its over! I should be doing S2 really hehe

How come you did S2 last year? unfair! S2 is the paper im most liable to make stupid mistakes in or blank and if you dont understand the beginning to a long questio worth lots of marks ur screwed

You sound like you got well over the 84 you need, well done!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.