SoDoneWithSchool
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Basically what the title says. Anyone feel the same/opposite? How is your maths going so far!
Mayhem™
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't mind either, but find vectors incredibly easy compared to surds ,which sometimes I can take more time than needed to with.
ihatePE
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
what is vector? i might have done it but it's probably called something else in my course. I love surds, i find most of it easy apart from some of the stuff theyre giving us now to prepare for maths A-levels, i just see it as algebra but with square roots
SoDoneWithSchool
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by ihatePE)
what is vector? i might have done it but it's probably called something else in my course. I love surds, i find most of it easy apart from some of the stuff theyre giving us now to prepare for maths A-levels, i just see it as algebra but with square roots

Ya know you get a triangle/ish shape and its usually things like "describe the vector OP in terms of a and b" and the harder stuff has ratio's and thingys in it!! And sammmmee!! I see it like algebra too!
TVIO
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
GCSE vectors are just weird. I thought they were sort of pointless and hard too. But they were one of my favourite topics in further maths A2 (not that similar to GCSE vectors)
TheConfusedMedic
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Don't mind either since they're both fairly easy but pretty boring tbh
B_9710
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TVIO)
GCSE vectors are just weird. I thought they were sort of pointless and hard too. But they were one of my favourite topics in further maths A2 (not that similar to GCSE vectors)
GCSE vectors just look at some of the basic properties of vectors whereas in FM you look at vectors in more detail and actually use them to work things out.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.06%
I'm not sure (59)
4.48%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (387)
29.41%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.81%
I'm not a current university student (648)
49.24%

Watched Threads